PDA

View Full Version : A A. Extracting issue.

kongo_totte
07-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Party NL50. Hero (covers) is MP1 w/ A A. Villian1 is UTG+1 w/ $15:50. Villian2 is UTG+2 w/ $52.

Pre-flop:
UTG+1 raises $2 first in, villian2 calls, hero makes it $8, villian1 and villian2 are only callers.

Flop ($24:75) T 4 2r (3 players)

Villian1 pushes for $7:50, villian2 calls, hero makes it $30, villian2 folds.

In retrospect, did I play it too fast? There is no likely draw out so I'm either way ahead or way behind.

Thoughts?

xorbie
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I like a call here. Make it look like you are hoping for overcards (especially with such a small bet, you'd actually have odds with AK here).

fimbulwinter
07-14-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In retrospect, did I play it too fast? There is no likely draw out so I'm either way ahead or way behind.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you already know the answer to this one.

FWIW, you are very unlikely to get much more out of him given his action. he looks like a mid PP that missed its set and wouldn't mind snapping off the shortstack but can't handle much heat from you.

fim

Maulik
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM

If you are WAWB, why are you re-raising to $30 here, it doesn't accomplish anything but paying him off or getting him to fold. Simply call or min- raise and bet 1/2 the pot on the turn or something along these lines.