PDA

View Full Version : KK, Is this the right play?

Brasco
02-18-2003, 09:44 AM
It's a 1/2 game at Paradise
I'm in MP with [K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]
UTG folds, 2 limp in, I raise, Solid player makes it three, button cold calls, sb folds, bb cold calls, the limpers call, i cap it and everyone calls.
6 way action, 12BB's in the pot

FLOP [ K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

Not the greatest but i'm probably still ahead right?

BB opens, limpers call, i raise, solid and button fold, BB and limpers call
4 players left, pot is 16 BB's

Turn [ K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] [ 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

BLOODY HELL!!!

BB opens, limpers call

19 BB's in the pot, what do you do?

I called.

Here is how it plays out

River [ K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] [ Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ]

BB opens, First limper raises, Second limper calls, I fold.

BB shows [ J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]

First limper wins with nut flush [ 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

Second limper mucked [ 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]

What was the correct play on the turn?

pudley4
02-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Call the turn. You have up to 10 outs to the full house/quads. Even if Limper1 raises, you still call the 2 bets to you. Even if you know it will be capped on the turn, you still call.

davidross
02-18-2003, 12:26 PM
I think you played it perfectly on all streets. You can’t raise the turn, what for? The Qh will just 3 bet you. And you can’t fold, you have 10 outs to improve. When you miss on the river you fold. Bad luck.

lil'
02-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Stupid hearts...

You gotta call with 10 outs to a full house in a big ol' pot.

If people limp in with Q-8o and 10-9o early, you'll get the money back eventually.

Forsaken
02-18-2003, 01:23 PM
I think you played it right.

Shrug it off and try to think about all the theoretical money you made and the money you are going to make when they limp in with crap /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ed Miller
02-18-2003, 06:31 PM
What was the correct play on the turn?

Call... you are behind and drawing.