PDA

View Full Version : AA lost of action

deepsquat
07-14-2005, 06:44 AM
1st orbit, no reads.

Im really lost here. I think i should have capped the flop. Is the river fold ok?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Poker_Ink
07-14-2005, 07:05 AM
I cap the flop here. When the turn falls, SB action will give you much more information. River fold is fine.

topspinner
07-14-2005, 07:17 AM
I think without any reads, I would cap the flop and fold the river. I would cap the flop, because a good % of the time you are head, SB could have a flush draw or a J.

The river is fold is probably more questionble, according to Ed Miller, you don't fold if Pot is big. You would only have to win this pot less than one out of 10 times for a call to be right. That being said SB sure did not play this like a flush draw and you have to concerned about the cutoff coming alive on the river as well.

GetThere1Time
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
No reads, I'm also capping the flop. MP and CO coming along are more of a reason to do so. As, for the river fold, I pay it off and expect to lose a lot but, wow, at 16:1 you're going to have to have me pretty damn convinced this guy could never ever play a flush draw like this. No reads, I call.