PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Ex-GF calls today. And by ex-GF I mean I dated her for three months a year and a half ago but it ended when she took me out on a date with her actual boyfriend who was in France when our, um, relationship began.

Anyways, we both live in the same graduate student building now and today I get a message from her for the first time in 18 months or so, informing me that her BF, the same guy, is out of town, and that we should get together some time soon.

So this is an easy slam dunk if I want it. Well, what should I do?

The following facts might be important, but I don't think so:

1) She's insanely hot and the best lay I've ever had

2) I recently struck out with a good friend of hers (which she may or may not know but I'd guess she does, it's possible she'll tell her friend, and I'd really like to get back in the box with the other woman)

3) I haven't slept with anyone in awhile, mostly due to #2 (yeah, I suck)

Anyways, all indications are that I should do it, but I don't think I will, because of some ridiculous morals whose origin I can't exactly pinpoint.

What does OOT think?

-Michael

siccjay
07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Well, boning this girl may help you get over the other one.

It may also help you out in her friends eyes. Chicks are weird about things. If you are with other girls they feel you are worth a little more.

Why are you even thinking about it? Shes hot and great in bed. Case closed.

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 06:49 AM
"Why are you even thinking about it?"

Because I don't appreciate being cuckolded myself. Though I'm not a Kantian so maybe I just shouldn't worry about that.

-Michael

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-14-2005, 06:49 AM
I feel like describing her as the devil should carry some weight. Also, I might just feel bad for the other guy.

bugstud
07-14-2005, 06:53 AM
um, so #2...improve or lessen your chances? If you'll perform well, and this helps your cause...why wait?

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 06:55 AM
"If you'll perform well, and this helps your cause...why wait?"

No I won't perform well I'll probably finish in five seconds. I don't think what matters most is that I'll be nailing her friend.

-Michael

Argus
07-14-2005, 07:16 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
"Why are you even thinking about it?"

Because I don't appreciate being cuckolded myself. Though I'm not a Kantian so maybe I just shouldn't worry about that.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
I chased a girl for 8 months and she kept turning me down. The moment she found out I'd slept with someone else she became very interested in me. I advise you to take 2 for 1 here.

Morpheus
07-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Bang her until she stop breathing.

Skjonne
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) She's insanely hot and the best lay I've ever had

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you read your own post? The above sentence gave it away

SIIHP

Klepton
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
this is too easy...

if the guy finds out and get mad, just save the IM convo where SHE invited YOU...

plus #1 is way too hard to ignore...if she was kinda thick and didn't give head then you could MAYBE ignore...

and i think you should seriously consider SIIHP

Klepton
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
this is an amazing first post

Bill Murphy
07-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Oh, for fvck's sake. You know you're going to, and we know you're going to. Now get to work on the hidden camera.

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 07:31 AM
"Oh, for fvck's sake. You know you're going to, and we know you're going to."

I think the odds are 4-1 against this being right. I can still do it, but I had an opportunity at 1 a.m. this morning and passed it up.

-Michael

Skjonne
07-14-2005, 07:34 AM
If I were a mod I'd instantly ban the five people that voted no from OOT. Instantly.

07-14-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No I won't perform well I'll probably finish in five seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should pass on this. Clearly you like her friend and are feeling disappointed about how that went. The prospect of sleeping with ex-gf is not sitting right with you. You seem to already know your own mind. You did call her the devil for crying out loud which is probably why you'll finish in 5 seconds consumed with guilt and feelings of failure. You deserve better and I for one am rooting for you to find a better girl.

diebitter
07-14-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can still do it, but I had an opportunity at 1 a.m. this morning and passed it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it - you'll be a hero
Don't do it - you'll be lots of words I can't repeat, none complementary.

Quit *ing around and get the snaps. Or could you get hold of a video camera? Make sure it's on her face, and SIIHP unexpectedly - that'll be good for a laugh.

lu_hawk
07-14-2005, 08:14 AM
if her real boyfriend finds out are you in any physical danger?

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
"if her real boyfriend finds out are you in any physical danger?"

He could kick my ass but he wouldn't.

-Michael

sfer
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, we both live in the same graduate student building now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you abandoned school for some poker pipe dream.

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 08:32 AM
"I thought you abandoned school for some poker pipe dream."

I abandoned school because I hate it. I have until October to move it. STAY ON POINT.

-Michael

BeerMoney
07-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I thought u left grad school? Nevermind......

Uhmmmmmm .. Maybe u didn't go bang her at 1 am cause you were 12 tabling 6 max?

diebitter
07-14-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have an open-door policy on p*ssies where you are or something?

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, for fvck's sake. You know you're going to, and we know you're going to. Now get to work on the hidden camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget to post the damn pic.

durron597
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

bd8802
07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And don't forget to post the damn pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
STAY ON POINT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like poking her. She likes getting poked by you. Seems pretty straightforward to me. I guess dropping out of school and giving up a life devoted to knowledge for some cheap gambling thrills and a few bucks gives you serious angst though.

BottlesOf
07-14-2005, 10:08 AM
The only possible reason I could see not to is #2. You definitely can hit this at this point, but might it complicate things with the friend who you wanna get back up in it with? It's possible.

I voted SIIHP because I think #1 and #3 far outway this concern.

BottlesOf
07-14-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is an amazing first post

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Davis
07-14-2005, 10:12 AM
"I guess dropping out of school and giving up a life devoted to knowledge for some cheap gambling thrills and a few bucks gives you serious angst though."

I've always had serious angst, and I probably won't ever succeed at anything because of it.

But really, there must be some ethical considerations here, but I can't figure out what they are, since I think monogamy is stupid and favor promiscuity within reason. Still, I think there should be some respect for other persons' relationships, and I can't just dismiss this as "well, let her and her boyfriend work this stuff out" because I know what's going on and I've got some responsibility here.

-Michael

lu_hawk
07-14-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

guys do unexpected things when their girls cheat on them

Shajen
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Call me a pussy or whatever, but I'm turning this down.

I despise cheaters.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I despise cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's the one cheating. Make sure you put it in her pooper and make it hurt to punsh her for cheating. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ddollevoet
07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I think this is an obvious +EV play.

sfer
07-14-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and I can't just dismiss this as "well, let her and her boyfriend work this stuff out" because I know what's going on and I've got some responsibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you win money from players you know are long-term losers and degenerate gambling addicts? Do you consider the plight of their families before you value bet them?

Haven't you done drugs with/given drugs to someone who clearly has a substance abuse problem? Ever offer cigarettes to someone trying to quit? Try to talk a vegetarian into eating veal?

lu_hawk
07-14-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I despise cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on, most guys say this because they think back to a time when they were cheated on and how much it sucked. but those same guys will mess around with someone's girlfriend when given a chance. that's just how it goes.

spamuell
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and I can't just dismiss this as "well, let her and her boyfriend work this stuff out" because I know what's going on and I've got some responsibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you win money from players you know are long-term losers and degenerate gambling addicts? Do you consider the plight of their families before you value bet them?

Haven't you done drugs with/given drugs to someone who clearly has a substance abuse problem? Ever offer cigarettes to someone trying to quit? Try to talk a vegetarian into eating veal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. You've done tons of immoral stuff before, this is no different.

Also, once you've finished, slit her throat.

sfer
07-14-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, once you've finished, slit her throat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, thanks Spam. Wanna see my new business cards?

I have to return some videos.

TripleH68
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Given your description you may be more interested in sexual gratification, but this alternate option may be gratifying in a different way...

-Raise her expectations.
-Tell her how you have not been able to stop thinking about her.
-Tell her how she is the best lay ever.
-Tell her how excited you got when you heard her message.
-Get together and get her tipsy.
-Tell her all the dirty things you want to do to her.
-etc. etc. etc.

Then have your cell phone ring and tell her sorry but something came up and you have to run. Don't tell her what it is. Leave. Don't call back. Don't respond to her messages.

DMBFan23
07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Sorry MD I'm gonna read your post, but for now I'm gonna answer "HELL YES!!!!" without reading /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: maybe not hell yes because of the moral issues, but I think this is a fairly easy yes

oddjob
07-14-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I despise cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's the one cheating. Make sure you put it in her pooper and make it hurt to punsh her for cheating. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and you get extra points if you give her an ass tulip as well.

Bluffoon
07-14-2005, 12:48 PM
I dont allow people to treat me this way.

EverettKings
07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Ever think about what other guy she's gonna call if you don't take the job?

And you dated this girl when she was with another guy previously. Their relationship is gone already. Whether you do this or not. Nothing will change.

There's a difference between seeking out a taken girl to try to get with her while her boyfriend's gone, and getting with her at her request as you've done before. I mean, she's the one with moral issues, not you.

I don't know what's holding you back.

wacki
07-14-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But really, there must be some ethical considerations here, but I can't figure out what they are, since I think monogamy is stupid and favor promiscuity within reason. Still, I think there should be some respect for other persons' relationships, and I can't just dismiss this as "well, let her and her boyfriend work this stuff out" because I know what's going on and I've got some responsibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Davis, look at it this way. She is a scumbag. You aren't converting her. You aren't making her cheat and if anything you would be doing her boyfriend a favor by letting her and you get caught. If I had a cheating woman, by all means [censored] the crap out of her. Just let me know afterwards as I don't care for Michael Davis sloppy seconds. As long as you weren't the first cheat I won't be mad at you.

If this helps you with the other woman (and it probably will) it may not be the best sign in the world. This also sounds like your only shot with the "friend". I really don't see how your reasoning for not screwing her are valid. If she's not boning you she WILL BONE SOMEONE ELSE while her boyfriend is out of town. She's a cheating whore that doesn't give a [censored] about her boyfriend and there is nothing you can do to change that.

That being said, I don't know if I would do it because I don't sleep with people I don't trust. Just friends and lovers for me, it's just the way I am. Her being ultra hot and "best lay I've ever had" might make me weak for a couple of weeks though, it's hard to tell as I've never been in that position. I've only screwed single people (well there was this one married girl, but her husband gave me permission) and I hate scumbags.

P.S. Wrap it up. Odds of a woman like this having something incurable? About 100%. Odds of her caring if she gives it to you? About 1%. She cares about getting her rush or sexual fix more than she does about other people. It's just the way she is.

2+2 wannabe
07-14-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given your description you may be more interested in sexual gratification, but this alternate option may be gratifying in a different way...

-Raise her expectations.
-Tell her how you have not been able to stop thinking about her.
-Tell her how she is the best lay ever.
-Tell her how excited you got when you heard her message.
-Get together and get her tipsy.
-Tell her all the dirty things you want to do to her.
-etc. etc. etc.

Then have your cell phone ring and tell her sorry but something came up and you have to run. Don't tell her what it is. Leave. Don't call back. Don't respond to her messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good option - the bitch is using you

imported_CaseClosed326
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
My god...your avatar is outstanding.

DemonDeac
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
easiest. poll. ever

#1 in a heartbeat

mike l.
07-14-2005, 01:27 PM
so you want to have sex with a girl who has a boyfriend? that's a bad idea.

also you are too much of a girly man to not get emotionally attached to an ex-gf once you start doing her again. you will want her to leave her b/f and be yours again. this is all good btw, it means you have some sort of ethical basis for living.

dont do it.

Michael Davis
07-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Update: I got another obvious call late this evening but I did not come down from Moral Mountain and didn't hit it. So I am an OOT failure and it feels pretty good.

Incidentally, I now know way too many locals on this forum and there is potential that they will meet the people I talk about. I regret the gradual loss of anonymity as now I'm forced to be less candid.

-Michael

Lawrence Ng
07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
The fact that you are in grad school and need to ask this question seriously concerns me.

Lawrence

colgin
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't just dismiss this as "well, let her and her boyfriend work this stuff out" because I know what's going on and I've got some responsibility here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can and no you don't!!

colgin
07-16-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't you done drugs with/given drugs to someone who clearly has a substance abuse problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
Ever offer cigarettes to someone trying to quit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Cigarettes are evil.

[ QUOTE ]
Try to talk a vegetarian into eating veal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's some really [censored] up [censored]. Leave us veggies alone!

wacki
07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got another obvious call late this evening but I did not come down from Moral Mountain and didn't hit it. So I am an OOT failure and it feels pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You turned down the best shag of your life for moral reasons? Impressive. Part of me wants to smack you, the other part of me salutes you.

[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, I now know way too many locals on this forum and there is potential that they will meet the people I talk about. I regret the gradual loss of anonymity as now I'm forced to be less candid.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you made a mistake, it's thinking this.

Zeno
07-16-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I am an OOT failure and it feels pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

A more or less sensible thing to say.

I read through the entire thread and I am impressed with the high-quality gibberish passing for advice these days on the OOT.

Anyway, to the original question at hand, I will put it allegorically: Julius Caesar would do her; Cicero would not. Contemplate the legacy and moral wake you leave as you plough through this morass called life. It’s one of the few things that you can call your own, and it does not matter if anyone else knows or ever recalls your actions, or inactions. Memory is a dying wind.

Aside from the above salubrious advice, I was wondering how you are getting along.

The fact that you are still posting in OOT and playing poker reveals a certain vexation in your life path. I think you are still trying to clear away the rubble. Get thee back to school.

-Zeno

gorie
07-16-2005, 10:51 PM
let's assume her boyfriend is totally ok with her hooking up with other guys while he's away. does everyone still think this girl is a scumbag that should be killed ? just curious.

also i'm trying to figure out why she would bring you both on the same date the first time and how she thought that would work..

Easy E
07-16-2005, 10:52 PM
That is one disturbing avatar

Easy E
07-16-2005, 10:59 PM
I found it interesting that, having gotten sucked in by the vague title, so many respondants are telling you to have sex with her while condemning her and only her as a whore.

I will guess that most of these respondants are male.

I think, if you wouldn't want this done to you, don't do it to someone else. Karma has a nasty way of boomeranging.

TimM
07-16-2005, 11:25 PM
She is looking to cheat on him at every opportunity. The OP made no promise to this girl's BF, she did. If you want to do something nice for the guy, how about warning him what his GF does when he's out of town.

wacki
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
let's assume her boyfriend is totally ok with her hooking up with other guys while he's away. does everyone still think this girl is a scumbag that should be killed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said killed, just not trusted. If her boyfriend is ok with it then it's not cheating is it? There is a huge difference between the two.

Leo99
07-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Of course you should. It's not like you haven't done it already.

Pocket Trips
07-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Bang her till she's cross-eyed or give your penis to someone capable of using it

gorie
07-16-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's assume her boyfriend is totally ok with her hooking up with other guys while he's away. does everyone still think this girl is a scumbag that should be killed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said killed, just not trusted. If her boyfriend is ok with it then it's not cheating is it? There is a huge difference between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know i hit reply to your post, sorry i know you weren't one of the "kill her" responses. it was directed more at the general responses in this thread that think she's evil.
i guess that's what i'm getting at though. i can understand michael was cheated the first time, since he was mislead and that sucks. i just wonder if her boyfriend knew?
if he travels a lot that could make sense. it just makes me curious. and how the perception of her changes if this is the case.

anyway, i agree it's best to stay away from the girl unless you know exactly what kind of situation you're in.

ChoicestHops
07-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I cant believe you are turning it down, if it's the best lay of your life as you say.

It's not your fault that she's a whore. It wouldn't be the least bit surprising that she was banged by someone else that last couple of nights that she has called you.

Seize the opportunity!

onegymrat
07-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi Michael,

If you have some special attachment to the girl in #2 AND you know they'll talk, it's certainly not worth it. If there is little chance the hottie will talk (I don't see why she would since she'll be cheating on her man and she would ONLY tell her closest girl friends) to #2, then you are a fool not to take delivery on this model. The key to this riddle is that for you to NOT take this juicy opportunity, you would have to have real deep feelings for this #2 AND they may talk. Otherwise, bon appetite.

P.S. Does she have a sister?

CrazyEyez
07-17-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ex-GF calls today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading. We still do these? Even Carpal\'Tunnels?
Not like anyone cares what I think, but man....I thought everyone was bored with these.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk. Just surprised I guess.

geormiet
07-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Don't worry, i don't read these.

touchfaith
07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Poll results demand foot tapping. Where are our pictures?

1800GAMBLER
07-24-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't even come close to knownly banging some other guys girl while he is away.

If you wanted a realistic one it would have to be 'so today i had the option of helping a degenerate gambler stop, he has no control over his own actions at all and today i was given the godlike power to stop this if i wanted or if i didn't i could gain $20/hour, 40 hours a week for the next 5 years.'

Don't hit it. Tell the guy she asked when he gets back. If you were in his situation i think this is exactly how you'd want it to happen.