PDA

View Full Version : OOP TPTK hand AQ.

dibbs
07-14-2005, 04:41 AM
Good 25$NL full ring game.

1 limper, MP minraises,call, call,I call in SB with red AQo, BB and EP limper call.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Pot is at 3$. All players have around 100 bbs.

A minraise from that guy means face cards but not AK AQ or a premium pair. He and all other players in hand are quite bad and loose, not over aggressive.

Lead this, check-call, how do you play this out?

AllIn3High
07-14-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good 25$NL full ring game.

1 limper, MP minraises,call, call,I call in SB with red AQo, BB and EP limper call.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Pot is at 3$. All players have around 100 bbs.

A minraise from that guy means face cards but not AK AQ or a premium pair. He and all other players in hand are quite bad and loose, not over aggressive.

Lead this, check-call, how do you play this out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you count on him to fire again with KJ etc? If yes, I'd go for a big check-raise otherwise i like leading the pot.

boondockst
07-14-2005, 07:53 AM
You don't need to play AQo in a (min) raised pot...I'm at a table with position on a chronic min-raiser and i've popped it up 4x his min-raise ($2) with AQo a few times and gotten it heads up. Going for a check-raise on this flop might not be a good idea. AQo on an AK3 2-club flop isn't quite strong enough to check raise, even if the villian is likely to make a continuation bet with a hand you beat. While many people love "seeing flops" I prefer to take control of the hands where i have a premium holding and narrow the field. Since the players are weak enough to give you their stack anyway, you only gain from isolating the field.

xorbie
07-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Always check raise here to get dead money in the pot from PF callers. Also if the action is crazy in front of you it's maybe a fold.