PDA

View Full Version : I'm not raising enough PF in 1/2 and 3/6 6-max

vabogee
07-14-2005, 02:49 AM
i play both games regularly, depending on my mood, and i can't for the life of me get my PFR % over 10. these are the hands i raise with when first in:

88-AA
AT-AK
most suited aces
JK,QK, KTs, JQs
any two over cards over 9 if in late position

with limpers, the list is trimmed down a bit. what should i be adding, and should i raise more with limpers? ack! i've been struggling to improve this area of my game, but i'm just not getting it done. any help would be great. thanks guys.

vab

helpmeout
07-14-2005, 02:56 AM
Looks fine.

In looser games you shouldnt be raising as much because you wont be stealing the blinds.

In MP you can raise more hands like QJo QTs KJo KTo JTs 66 etc.

Raise limpers with multiway hands in late position JTs QTs etc one of the benefits of this is taking a freecard on the flop.

zephed
07-14-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i play both games regularly, depending on my mood, and i can't for the life of me get my PFR % over 10. these are the hands i raise with when first in:

88-AA
AT-AK
most suited aces
JK,QK, KTs, JQs
any two over cards over 9 if in late position

with limpers, the list is trimmed down a bit. what should i be adding, and should i raise more with limpers? ack! i've been struggling to improve this area of my game, but i'm just not getting it done. any help would be great. thanks guys.

vab

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your steal percentage?
What is your pfr % out of the blinds?

NLSoldier
07-14-2005, 04:03 AM
Assuming you feel you have a huge edge postflop, add pretty much any offsuit broadway hands, more pocket pairs, and all the medium to large suited connectors.

Also, I think you can practically ignore a lone limper at this level and just raise almost anything that you would open with.

vabogee
07-14-2005, 04:44 AM
steal % = 18.28
PFR out of blinds = just under 4%

vabogee
07-14-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In MP you can raise more hands like QJo QTs KJo KTo JTs 66 etc.

Raise limpers with multiway hands in late position JTs QTs etc one of the benefits of this is taking a freecard on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do this. maybe my problem is that i know that when i raise in multi-way pots, i'm afraid of the 5 callers kicking my ass when i flop a decent hand by calling to the end. gotta shake that.

baronzeus
07-14-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
steal % = 18.28

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be raising more than 18% imo

Buck_65
07-14-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
steal % = 18.28

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be raising more than 18% imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be steal raising closer to 40%.

vabogee
07-14-2005, 05:19 AM
there are rarely opportunities to steal, as most people I play with are 50% VPIP and up. and when there are opportunities, no one ever folds the blinds at these limits.

still, i should be raising all but the junkiest when i do have the opportunity?

Silverback
07-14-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should be steal raising closer to 40%

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in low limits.

Firstly blinds less likely to fold like helpmeout said.

Secondly the higher % rake.

If your still playing $1/$2 I wouldnt worry about raising to much more, get your blind steals up to at least 25%, then maybe push for 30%.

Womble
07-14-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there are rarely opportunities to steal, as most people I play with are 50% VPIP and up. and when there are opportunities, no one ever folds the blinds at these limits.

still, i should be raising all but the junkiest when i do have the opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much at these levels, you want something half decent as you are liekly going to be called but take advantage of folding at least one blind and being in LP /images/graemlins/smile.gif Suited Ks, Qs, offsuit As etc

vabogee
07-14-2005, 05:30 AM
i've gotta grow a bigger pair of balls is what i think. thanks for all the input guys...i'll let you know if i can make the leap.

topspinner
07-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Vag, have you filtered your stats to see what you are winning when raise when you have an opportunity to steal blinds? It was very eye opening to me. To say you can't steals at 1/2 is totally wrong, my steal % is 30 and over 60% of my winnings are from steals. My winrate when stealing is 49 bb/100. Furthermore, if I look at opportunity to steal where I just called (small sample), I am still positive, which means I should be stealing more.
I think one advantage at lower limits is that many people don't even realize you are trying to steal, so they give you credit for a better hand than you have.

vabogee
07-14-2005, 07:47 AM
that's a really good idea, but how the hell do you do it?

(I have PT)

vabogee
07-14-2005, 07:54 AM
N/M, figured it out...and you're right! it's a large percentage of my total wins. i'm going to study the stats some more. thanks!

vab

topspinner
07-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Just curious what is your bb/100 when raising when stealing and when not raising when you have an opportunity to steal?

vabogee
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
in 12,000 hands this month, it's almost 55BB/100 when attempted to steal, and -2BB/100 when just called. But the second stat is gleaned from a total of 73 hands. pretty crazy regardless.

Megenoita
07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but yeah, pretty much to hijack it, what is the consensus on this new 3/6 6 max in terms of profitability? Is it better than the full tables for bb/100?

thanks,
m

Zoelef
07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly the higher % rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bw'ing at Paradise $1/$2 5-max right now and my rake is 3.5-3.6%. How bad is it at PartyCo? [FYI Paradise is .25 per $5 pot up to $1 rake; Party is .50/$5, .75/$12, $1/$20]
I'm not at my computer right now but this statistic is in one of the right-side tabs of PokerTracker...

zephed
07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
steal % = 18.28

[/ QUOTE ]
Those need to go up big, now!