PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany + Matasow = Mike Matasow Blowup?

TomCollins
07-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Could it be coming? After luckbox sucks out with her ATo vs his AA, it's all over for Matasow.

housenuts
07-14-2005, 03:11 AM
he's well aware of the blow up and it won't happen this year

edit: he may lose, but not because of a blowup

ziggy_m
07-14-2005, 03:17 AM
But that's his signature!

Surely he won't let us die-hard fans down?

Daliman
07-14-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he's well aware of the blow up and it won't happen this year

edit: he may lose, but not because of a blowup

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Like he said in a CP interview, on the hand where he made his opponent fold a flush on a paired river, then showed only bottom pair, "If he had called me, It's a blowup; but since I won the hand, it's ok".

I'd actually like to see him win. FOr me, It's Raymer, Ivey, matusow, in that order.

Also, I have a feeling MM won't play along with H-DOG's antics and may call the clock every time she goes over 15 seconds, which is EXACTLY what I would do.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:04 AM
From some of the reports I've read Mikey has already "blown up" several times, but sucked out. So, he has that out his system and should continue to play well. Hopefully, that Tiffany person will be eliminated very soon. I hope she gets no coverage when the show airs because I don't want to see someone like her on my TV screen.

ziggy_m
07-14-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From some of the reports I've read Mikey has already "blown up" several times, but sucked out.

[/ QUOTE ]
cite?

KSOT
07-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Why is everyone making fun of her? I read maybe... two comments on card player about her taking excessive amounts of time. That hardly warrants all of the comments about her here. Did anyone ever say she was taking time for EVERY decision she had to make, or even most of them?

KSOT
07-14-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to go read through all of the hand reports again and pick out the bad ones for you, but I can back that post up as I remember quite a few big pots where he 'should' have lost.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:12 AM
I read about a few of these on the cardplayer website. If they're accurate he pushed pre-flop early in the tourney with 33 while he was steaming after having to lay down a few hands in a row. His opponent had him covered and had QQ.

TomCollins
07-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Here is why we don't like her:

Her strategy consists of:

1) Stalling
2) Calling with the worst hand, and sucking out
3) Pushing all in with a huge overbet with the worst hand, and sucking out.
4) Hoping everyone at the table falls asleep, and she can steal their blinds.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Why wouldn't we? When was the last time you heard about Greg Raymer purposely stalling in any game? You never will.

KSOT
07-14-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is why we don't like her:

Her strategy consists of:

1) Stalling
2) Calling with the worst hand, and sucking out
3) Pushing all in with a huge overbet with the worst hand, and sucking out.
4) Hoping everyone at the table falls asleep, and she can steal their blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) How do you know she stalls purposely and isn't just very thoughtful (and maybe a little slow)? How do you even know she stalls regularly to begin with?

2) Again, I think I read about two hands where this happened. Can you show me proof that this happens more often than it should?

3) See # 2.

curtains
07-14-2005, 05:18 AM
I feel bad, I act very slowly a lot when I get heavily involved in a hand.

TomCollins
07-14-2005, 05:18 AM
I was at the Rio. Were you?

I forgot #4- Playing Who Wants to be a Millionaire and asking the crowd for help.

KSOT
07-14-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the Rio. Were you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I just wanted some proof that this was actually happening and not mere speculation. I guess I'm satisfied.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:21 AM
She's very smart. She knows exactly what she is doing but her idea of what is right and wrong is obviously very close to what Ellix Powers would deem right and wrong. (Stalling during a tourney on purpose)

KSOT
07-14-2005, 05:28 AM
So anyway... What is her motive/reason? Is she stalling to outlast other players and get a better prize or is she doing it to annoy the others?

ziggy_m
07-14-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to go read through all of the hand reports again and pick out the bad ones for you, but I can back that post up as I remember quite a few big pots where he 'should' have lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've pretty much been here thoughout, and none of these are fresh in my mind.... so while I can't demand you get them, I still don't think they're too prevelant. I think he probably sucked out big once on day 1.

[ QUOTE ]
I read about a few of these on the cardplayer website. If they're accurate he pushed pre-flop early in the tourney with 33 while he was steaming after having to lay down a few hands in a row. His opponent had him covered and had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is at least definitive, but I can't find it, and don't remember it. Was it the day 1 hand I mentioned?

I'm not saying he hasn't sucked out on anybody, which surely he has. I'm saying the ratio of hand histories I've seen doesn't qualify him as a donk just yet. (as opposed to H-DOG)

In short, I think both of your accusations need to be backed up here.

You can't prove a negative, and all that.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:43 AM
I think most would agree that she is stalling so she can move up the ladder and make more money before her horseshoe falls out. Annoying people is just the by-product. I see this a lot playing online. It takes some real "nerve" to do this sitting face to face with other people, especially with the amount of money that's on the line.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 05:45 AM
From cardplayer, I just did a search for donk.

Date / Time: 2005-07-09 22:47:00
Title: More Mike
Log: Matusow limps in, and now the player in seat 7 makes it 1900 to go. Matusow reraises all-in for his last $11,700. The raiser beats him into the pot. Matusow shows 3-3, while his opponent has Q-Q. The board comes A-3-7-4-8, Matusow doubles up before saying "Lotta skill in poker, boys. All skill. Lotta skill." He then he goes on to recount the hand, call himself a donkey, and reminsce about the days when he "used to be a pretty good poker player."

ziggy_m
07-14-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm a donk now because I remembered that his lone(?) suckout occurred on the first day?

I'm inclined to think you're just a hater now.

Really, sheesh, no need for namecalling and hostility, I simply asked for backup for a random internet posting. Would you do any different?

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 06:14 AM
I guess I should edit my post. Maybe the following would have prevented your misunderstanding:

From cardplayer: I used the search function and put the word "donk" into the search box.

ziggy_m
07-14-2005, 06:15 AM
OK, I can now see that this was not a personal insult.

Thank you, and my apologies.

cokehead
07-14-2005, 11:38 AM
another, if Paluka is to be believed. link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tv&Number=2857437&Forum=f2 3&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2856986&Search =true&where=bodysub&Name=1968&daterange=1&newerval =1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post 2857437)

gumpzilla
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She's very smart. She knows exactly what she is doing but her idea of what is right and wrong is obviously very close to what Ellix Powers would deem right and wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What does Ellix Powers have to do with anything here? Oh, wait . . .

Easy E
07-14-2005, 12:03 PM
I see I posted the same conclusion in the wrong thread.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I was just comparing her character to that of Ellix Powers. I think she has the ethics of a street hustler. What else could I be referring to?

benfranklin
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But that's his signature!

Surely he won't let us die-hard fans down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!! Motormouth is the NASCAR of poker. Real racing fans only go to see the crashes, right?

lemuri
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Ethics of a street hustler.... well, she is a lawyer, yea?

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ethics of a street hustler.... well, she is a lawyer, yea?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sipping coffee when I read this response. Now I have coffee all over my white t-shirt. Hillarious.

lemuri
07-14-2005, 12:19 PM
"coffee all over my white t-shirt"

pic? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Gender-depending

kyro
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"coffee all over my white t-shirt"

pic? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Gender-depending

[/ QUOTE ]

oh boy. seriously people, this isn't an adult chat room.

TeeEffDee
07-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Are you related to the guy asking about the champ's daughter?

lemuri
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
True. The forum has clearly degenerated to a more adolescent level

lemuri
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Dont believe so.. Would need DNA tests to be sure tho.

Seriously tho, no offense intended. Just havin fun

West
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Could it be possible that a lot of the stalling is simply because she's not that experienced a player and maybe doesn't know exactly know what she is doing (in terms of making poker decisions)?

That's just an impression, for all I know she could be a great and experienced player.