PDA

View Full Version : Hand of a friend of mine's:

EricW
07-14-2005, 02:43 AM
My friend played a 5$ sit n go, forget which site but he starts off with 1500 chips.

Blinds were 10/20

Buddy of mine is in BB "4,4" and someone raised to 100. There were two flat calls and my buddy calls.

Flop comes

3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Buddy bets 200, next guy reraised him to 500, other guy goes all in.

I berated my friend for playing that hand with a raise. But aside from that, what does he do on the flop? That bet was weak weak weak. But now that he is reraised twice, easy fold or call?

SammyKid11
07-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Yeah, obviously the PF call was not at all great this early on. When he flops his set on an all spades flop, I think he's gotta get all his money in. The raise and re-raise could easily be an overpair and top pair, both trying to protect themselves from the other one (who they suspect is on a flush draw). Plus, one of them may well be on a flush draw...and even if one of them has the flush, your buddy has two cards to come to fill up...he has seven live outs right now and another 3 on the turn if it doesn't hit.

This obviously assumes he's not drawing near-dead against JJ...which is possible, but unlikely. My bet is he's up against KK and AJ, possibly with both of them having a spade. He's gotta take those odds to triple up.

tigerite
07-14-2005, 05:57 AM
He has a set, there's no way I am folding this, even if someone's flopped the flush then you have 6 outs to the boat on the turn, increasing to 9 by the river, and of course the one out to quads.

tigerite
07-14-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, obviously the PF call was not at all great this early on. When he flops his set on an all spades flop, I think he's gotta get all his money in. The raise and re-raise could easily be an overpair and top pair, both trying to protect themselves from the other one (who they suspect is on a flush draw). Plus, one of them may well be on a flush draw...and even if one of them has the flush, your buddy has two cards to come to fill up...he has seven live outs right now and another 3 on the turn if it doesn't hit.

This obviously assumes he's not drawing near-dead against JJ...which is possible, but unlikely. My bet is he's up against KK and AJ, possibly with both of them having a spade. He's gotta take those odds to triple up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SammyKid11
07-14-2005, 06:00 AM
Yeah, saw that when I was looking back at my response and changed it...thanks, though.

EricW
07-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyone else?