PDA

View Full Version : Two trouble hands from latest session.

Baseballer02
07-14-2005, 01:38 AM
BB here is 28/18/4 after 160 hands. His raising hands seemed to be 99+ and connected broadways, whether suited or not. Should I have stayed aggressive throughout the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

In this hand I suffered through fancy-play syndrome, surely I wasn't right in check-raising the turn with the 3-flush on the board, or was I? MP2 was 21/12/8 at 57 hands. I've only got 5 known starting hands for him, which were AA, AJo, K8s, A9s, and 22. All but K8s were raised preflop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB folds.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Vote4Pedro
07-14-2005, 01:42 AM
raise PF w/ both hands...In hand 1, I'd put in another raise on the turn before I went to calldown mode

Shillx
07-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Hand 1 was under played IMO. You have to toss another raise in there since he could easily have AA or AK. I would pop the turn and call down if 3-bet.

Brad

Kumubou
07-14-2005, 01:55 AM
I would raise both hands pre-flop.

Hand 1: Someone have an agression level of 4 and you slow down to his 3-bet with top two? Floor it, I cap the flop and raise his pathetic lead on the turn. If the three-bets there then I may slow down... maybe. Depends on how many small furry animals died during the day. What does he have that beats you on the flop? KK? JJ? (of which there is a whole one combination of) 33? AQ on the turn? Come on.

Hand 2: Standard. I do not know how thrilled I am about this flop, but I hate folding to one over and you have a flush redraw, but there are seven damn people to the flop -- you may be drawing nearly dead. Once you hit your miracle card on the turn, things change, but I like the checkraise. A donkbet on the turn either scares people or gets MP2 to blast everyone out of Bolivian, neither result is good.

-K

DavidC
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
If this guy is a thinking LAG, then you want to slow down eventually in Hand #1. If he's a maniac, this was your chance to build a 40BB pot that you are going to win like 85% of the time.

I think I'm tempted to fold the flop in hand #2.

cmwck
07-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Hand 1: Raise this preflop. Give them the chance to cold-call or make loose calls from the blinds, putting dead money in the pot. On the flop, cap it and bet the turn if checked to ; no sense in missing out on extra value. If he leads into you on the turn after you just capped it, then you might think about calling down.

Hand 2: Again, raise PF. I don't mind the turn c/r. If his aggression is really that high, he's veyr likely to bet again.

McGahee
07-14-2005, 07:59 AM
You have to raise the turn in Hand #1. Top 2 pair against an aggressive opponenet? C'mon...
The turn C/R in Hand #2 is fine. I don't know about the flop. I think I'd rather bet it myself or check/fold.

rlr
07-14-2005, 08:05 AM
hand 1 raise preflop -- cap flop bet the turn.

hand 2 raise preflop