PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush on turn

xorbie
07-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Absolute $.5/$1 6 max. I actually have something of a read here, in terms of earlier hands, so bear with me.

My first hand with villain:

I raise UTG with AJo, villain calls in MP.

Flop comes 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, he minraises I call (no need to discuss the merits of this play right now).

Turn is a medium club and I bet 2/3 pot. Villain thinks for a long time and calls. River is Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and instead of putting villain all in I check. He checks behind with 89/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

In the meantime, I raised like 6 hands in a row PF before villain finally calls me once. I flop TPTK with AK, bet flop, he calls. I check behind on turn (again, no discussion of the merits here) and he bluffs the river with his missed flush draw, which I call with my rivered two pair.

Then on the hand just before this, flop is checked through in minraised pot, then I pot the turn when a flush hits and everyone folds.

This hand. I cover the table and have AT/images/graemlins/heart.gif in one of the blinds. Four to the flop, which is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif or something like that. The key is J high with possible straight draws and two hearts. I check, which could be a mistake. Checked around.

Turn: some low /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Let's say the 3.

I bet pot, which is $4. Villain minraises to $8. He has $100 left. What is your plan.

Allinlife
07-14-2005, 01:44 AM
these are kind of hands where it's hard to extract much unless villan has a relatively strong hand of his own.

I raise to 32 and push river.

with nut flush, I think your best approach is to play this hand for stack, hoping he has a lower flush and pays you off. nice thing about the overbet here I think is the BS factor and he calls off his stack with AJ, 2 pair/ set thinking 'no one plays flush this way' or w/e.

Dommer
07-14-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This hand. I cover the table and have AT/images/graemlins/heart.gif in one of the blinds. Four to the flop, which is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif or something like that. The key is J high with possible straight draws and two hearts. I check, which could be a mistake. Checked around.

Turn: some low /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Let's say the 3.

I bet pot, which is $4. Villain minraises to $8. He has $100 left. What is your plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off I don't play 6 max, so hopefully I'm not too offbase.

Judging from the action you spoke of I think the most likely thing thats happening is he is min-raising with a weak hand hoping to either get you to fold a complete bluff or to get you to check the river. He's doing it this way because he doesn't believe you and wants to slow you down, the key being he doesn't believe you. You could also be up against another flush, or even less likely another set (I only see a turned set of 3s making any sense). Two pair is also real unlikely with that board. So I think from here I'd try to figure out the best way to extract the most from a weak hand or another flush. Barring any good reads on how the villain will play I think calling his min-raise and betting 12$ on the river would be a good plan. I wouldn't be too worried about the board pairing, but the board going one to a flush could be a problem, although that's less likely if he has another flush and if he doesn't you didn't miss on any value (unless you had a read that'd he call a reraise on the turn with a weak hand). Hopefully he calls your 12$ bet with the weak hand, and reraises you with the flush, in which case you can push.