tbach24
07-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Rap songs I like:
All Falls Down
Family Business
Diamonds
Through the Wire

all by Kanye West

I don't like "Jesus Walks" but does he have other good songs?

On Fire
Warrior
I'm So Fly

Again, does he have other good songs?

Okay, now that you know my tastes, what else would I like?

I've heard songs by Wu Tang, Biggy, Dre, Snoop and Tupac but wouldn't be able to tell you what they were. So give me suggestions. Also, I don't want this to turn into a "YO CHECK OUT THIS HOT RAP THAT NO ONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT I THINK IM COOL" thread so please don't bust out your rap wisdom unless it's really good.

Also, I heard some song by 50 cent and The Game today that I liked, not sure the name but it had the lyrics "rap MVP" in it. Also, what are other good songs by 50 cent because I remember liking him in awhile ago but only remember "In Da Club" which I like.

tbach24
07-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Also, the blizzard is coming!!

siccjay
07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
It seems like you are into G-Unit.

Just go collect songs from....

50 Cent
Lloyd Banks (On Fire etc etc)
Young Buck (My favorite from G-Unit, best overall album)
The Game

bighomage
07-14-2005, 12:32 AM
That 50 Cent and the Game song is Hate It Or Love It and it's really good. I think you should get both of the 50 Cent CD's that have come out since he got big. They're really good. I haven't heard The Game's new CD, but at least 3 songs are really good. Other big name rappers I'd recommend are Ludacris, Nelly and 2Pac's Greatest Hits 2 CD set.

Joshssj4
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

50 Cent
The Game

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. Get as many songs by Biggie and Tupac and then work your way from there. Lots of Ganstar is good too. After that everything will seem like trash compared to them. Quality rap, unlike this new filth.

maxsick
07-14-2005, 12:36 AM
The "rap MVP" song you are referring to is "Hate it or Love it", which I agree is a fine song. It is on both 50 Cent's The Massacre and The Game's Documentary. Of the two, 50 Cent's album has the better rep, although I don't own either. Is there any other rap you enjoy? It is hard to recommend anyone based on your taste for Kanye, as he is kinda unique.

Tron
07-14-2005, 12:37 AM
I hope those first two are joking. You should probably get ahold of Illmatic by Nas as soon as you can. I think you'd really, really like that CD.

Tron
07-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Also, neither The Massacre or The Documentary are worth spending money on, though Hate it or Love It is a solid song, and is worth buying on iTunes or acquiring otherwise.

bighomage
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Why would we be joking? He's already said he likes that stuff. I like Nas too, but I was just throwing out some bigger names that he might like.

Tron
07-14-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would we be joking? He's already said he likes that stuff. I like Nas too, but I was just throwing out some bigger names that he might like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he said he liked them, but Hate it or Love It is a very atypical song of theirs. Also, I am pretending he didn't say he liked In Da Club for his own sake.
<font color="white">tbach, I'm just frontin', In Da Club is okay to like if you appreciate it for what it is (a club song), and don't enjoy it for, say... It's lyrical merit?</font>

tbach24
07-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Two things:

1. I love the avatar/location
2. I think I like songs with really good beats (other than Kanye who has awesome lyrics), which is what songs like "in da club" are I think

GuyOnTilt
07-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Given the songs you mention, I think you'll like Common's newest album, Be.

GoT

bighomage
07-14-2005, 12:47 AM
I also think you should get Street Dreams by Fabolous. Quality album and the beats are tight.

David04
07-14-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of the two, 50 Cent's album has the better rep

[/ QUOTE ]
Jopke? "The Massacre" is widely considered to be a piece of [censored]. "The Documentary" is one of the best albums of 2005.

Vince Young
07-14-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The Documentary" is one of the best albums of 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extra cute since 50 ghostwrote Game's hooks. Everybody on G Unit sucks and so does Kanye.

LoaferGee12
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Bone Thugs

tbach24
07-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Ghostwrote? Does that mean 50 wrote for Game?

Also, Kanye pwns so STFU. Does he write his own stuff?

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Yes, that's what that means. Kanye sucks. I don't know if he writes his own stuff, I'd hope not since he sucks. He makes his own beats, though, although lots of big name people have ghostproducers. Mel Man makes lots of Dre's beats and Eminem ghostwrote his newer lyrics. Newer as in 2001.

siccjay
07-14-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

50 Cent
The Game

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. Get as many songs by Biggie and Tupac and then work your way from there. Lots of Ganstar is good too. After that everything will seem like trash compared to them. Quality rap, unlike this new filth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen super OG from the hood. He said what he liked so I recommended what he look for based on his post. Did you even read it?

Who is "Ganstarr"? Does that have that guy Uru in it?

siccjay
07-14-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Okay, now that you know my tastes, what else would I like?

[/ QUOTE ]

You people are [censored] boneheads.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS STATEMENT?

I was trying to help him find some more of what he likes. I don't care for G-Unit really. They are talented but are watered down for the mainstream. I like Young Buck though.

tbach24
07-14-2005, 01:20 AM
TY for your recommendations. I like what I'm hearing.

I'd like to hear what songs are good from the following:

Wu-Tang
Snoop
Dr. Dre
BIG
Tupac

And please don't do the "all of them" thing.

shant
07-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Common - Be. Can't stress this one enough.

Brain
07-14-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

50 Cent
The Game

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony Yayo's new album came out on Tuesday with "So Seductive" as well.

Tbach, I'd also suggest some Jay-Z.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wu-Tang

[/ QUOTE ]

As a group or individually? Either way this is way too hard. Download the whole Enter The Wu album. GZA's solo's are great. There's so much material that I can't really begin to list it.

[ QUOTE ]
Snoop

[/ QUOTE ]

Download Doggystyle. Classic album. One of the best. This is of course back before he smoked himself retarded and had a sick, old school west coast flow.

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Dre

[/ QUOTE ]

The Chronic and Chronic 2001 are both excellent albums. Classics.

[ QUOTE ]
BIG

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Biggie much, but the following are good songs:

Mo Money, Mo Problems (Feat. Puff Daddy &amp; Mase)
Notorious Thugs (Feat. Bone Thugs N Harmony)
10 Crack Commandments
Runnin' (Feat. Tupac)

[ QUOTE ]
Tupac

[/ QUOTE ]

Like all 12 year old white kids, I loved Tupac. Then I realized he's a mediocre emcee and terribly overrated. His Greatest Hits album is still very good. Individual songs would take too long, but I'll list some must-haves:

Changes
Hit 'Em Up
California Love
Amerikka's Most Wanted
How Do You Want It
God Bless The Dead
Hail Mary

siccjay
07-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Wu-Tang - C.R.E.A.M., Triumph

Snoop - Ain't No Fun, Gin and Juice, Pump Pump

Dr. Dre - Fukc You, Housewife, Let Me Ride, Bitches Ain't $hit, Stranded On Death Row

BIG - Any from the Biggie thread would be good. Back To Cali, Ten Crack Commandments

Tupac - WOW where to start? Holla if ya hear me, I Get Around, So Many Tears, If I Die 2Nite, Can U Get Away, Fukc The World, Pour Out A Little Liquor, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Str8 Ballin, Ambitionz Az A Ridah, Life Goes On, Trading War Stories, Hit Em Up, Lie To Kick It.

There is more from Pac but this is good for now hahaha

shant
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Wu-Tang - Get the "36 Chambers" album.
BIG - Ready to Die album

[/ QUOTE ]

Vote4Pedro
07-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Young Bucks cd is solid, definitely check it out...Eminems first 2 Cd's are awesome, the 3rd one is decent, the latest one sucks cock

shant
07-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Talib Kweli &amp; Hi-Tek - Reflections Eternal
Mos Def &amp; Talib - Blackstar

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Reflection Eternal is a masterpiece.

snowden719
07-14-2005, 07:26 AM
D'evils- Jay-z
the single greatest rap song of all time. Also look at other songs from reasonable doubt like dead presidents 2, 22 two's, politics as usual, regrets. Also, new york state of mind and life's a bitch off nas's illmatic are incredible.

snowden719
07-14-2005, 07:28 AM
... If you're a huge backpacker.

Tron
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is untrue, I do think that it is a bad recommendation for a n00b like tbach. I HATED Reflection Eternal when I first started listening to rap... He will get to stuff like this in a while.

Tron
07-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I do think you would probably enjoy Quality by Talib Kweli, though... And probably The Beautiful Struggle, but I haven't listened to that very much.

lucas9000
07-14-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't want this to turn into a "YO CHECK OUT THIS HOT RAP THAT NO ONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT I THINK IM COOL" thread so please don't bust out your rap wisdom unless it's really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just listen to your local crappy rap/r&amp;b station? while not everything you hear will be good, you will be spared any discussion of obscure music.

lucas9000
07-14-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is "Ganstarr"? Does that have that guy Uru in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

potm! pwned!

Morpheus
07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
kanye west is horrible. I don't like anything about him. I kind of laugh at his videos because some of the imagery is so serious and then he throws in a rhyme about someone doing laundry or something. You know what I mean.

BusterStacks
07-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Get the Gangstarr album, I promise you will like it. It's the best choice in the thread. I'll pay for it if you don't love it.

SL__72
07-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Jay-z
Biggie
The Game
Immortal Technique
Atmosphere

Since you like Kanye:
Talib Kweli
Mos Def

Jman28
07-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, I think you will like 2001 by Dr. Dre. The beats are excellent. However I don't know that much about you yet.

How do you feel about Eminem? I noticed you didn't mention him in your post, and I assume that it's nearly impossible that you haven't heard anything by him.

Someone mention Illmatic by Nas. It's a good CD, but is not in line at all with the songs you mentioned. I don't see how they think you will like it, other than based on the fact that they do.

What else do you like about rap you've heard? Do you like lyrics that are clever?(lloyd banks and kanye both have a few punchlines, although banks has more) lyrics that are meaningful? (kanye more than banks, but many have more than both) complex rhyme schemes? (banks usually rhymes 2-4 syllables while kanye only does occasionally. 50 is in between the two, I'd say) gangsta' references (50 Cent and banks somewhat)? Do you like beats that are more musical or more, i don't know, background and simple?

These answers would help me and probably other people.

IndieMatty
07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I've never met anyone, especially my friends who all listen to hardcore and indiesh music, who doesn't like Gravediggazz - Six Feet Deep. It's Wu-Tang Clanish type stuff, but also very rock operaish. I jock this rap album constantly because I don't feel it will ever get the respect it deserves.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love people who have no clue what a backpacker is. Backpacker music = MF Doom, Anticon, Sage Francis and Eyedea.

[ QUOTE ]
Get the Gangstarr album, I promise you will like it. It's the best choice in the thread. I'll pay for it if you don't love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 28764786 Gangstarr albums. They've been on the scene since the 80s.

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Get Gangstarr- Full Clip

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I am listening to Full Clip right now.

shant
07-14-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is untrue, I do think that it is a bad recommendation for a n00b like tbach. I HATED Reflection Eternal when I first started listening to rap... He will get to stuff like this in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said he liked Kanye, and in my opinion, Reflection Eternal fits in with that style. The guy who said it was backpacker has no idea what he's talking about.

JaBlue
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
you will probably like Jay-Z, Atmosphere, and Immortal Technique which have all been mentioned before.

You might also like Z-ro. he is tight.

shant
07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never met anyone, especially my friends who all listen to hardcore and indiesh music, who doesn't like Gravediggazz - Six Feet Deep. It's Wu-Tang Clanish type stuff, but also very rock operaish. I jock this rap album constantly because I don't feel it will ever get the respect it deserves.

[/ QUOTE ]
I picked this up today and I wonder why I had never heard it before. Great reccomendation. Thanks.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Suicide it's a suiciiide. Zig Zag Chamber is the sht.

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I like the song "Militia" with Freddie Foxxx, hadn't heard that song before. Dude is sick man, I can't fathom why he never blew up. Oh well, now he is on John Cena's album, and goes by Bumpy Knuckles.

baronzeus
07-14-2005, 04:09 PM
I highly, highly recommend The Game's new album. It is designed for mainstream listeners.

If you want to be a better listener, go listen to real rap...Biggie, 2Pac...

And if you're into the producer rappers, go listen to Dr. Dre

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Right.

dawade
07-14-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pretty good album from what little bit I have listened to. I "acquired" it yesterday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11t
07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Check out a rapper out of minneapolis named Atmosphere

IndieMatty
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suicide it's a suiciiide. Zig Zag Chamber is the sht.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been examined ever since I was semen, they took a sonagram and seen the image of demon.

GuyOnTilt
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prepare to be flamed.

GoT

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Atmosphere is not a rapper. Atmosphere is a group.

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 06:22 PM
right what?

ANd Atmosphere is a group?

shant
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Slug is the rapper. Atmosphere is the combination of him and the producer, but I believe on his latest album he has started going as Atmosphere. Don't quote me on that last part though.

BusterStacks
07-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I was under the impression "Moment Of Truth" was already mentioned. Dunno why. Get it though.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
right what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right as in "Okay." Yes, Atmosphere is a group. Slug is the rapper, Mr. Dibbs is the DJ and Ant is the producer.

David04
07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The Documentary" is one of the best albums of 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extra cute since 50 ghostwrote Game's hooks. Everybody on G Unit sucks and so does Kanye.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's get some things straight. First of all, 50 is on about half of the hooks. Secondly, a few hooks don't make an entire album. And if you really believe that "The Massacre" is superior to "The Documentary", I can no longer take you seriously in a discussion of hip hop music.

ALso, when did I say that I liked G-Unit? Or when did I mention Kanye?

TeeJayORTj
07-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Apathy - Wheres your album

Been listening to that a lot lately

xLukex
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Someone on this board told me to listen to One Be Lo.

[censored], DO IT. SO GOOD.

Brother Ali happens to be another favorite of mine.

ONE BE LO.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Learn to read.

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, 50 is on about half of the hooks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mention him being on any, I said he wrote Game's hooks.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, a few hooks don't make an entire album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure Game is selling mass amounts of records for his insane wordplay and awesome lyricism.. defenitely not the hooks. Game's verses are bad. Happy now?

[ QUOTE ]
And if you really believe that "The Massacre" is superior to "The Documentary", I can no longer take you seriously in a discussion of hip hop music.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I ever say Massacre was better than Documentary? Both of the albums are painfully mediocre.

[ QUOTE ]
ALso, when did I say that I liked G-Unit? Or when did I mention Kanye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, when did I say that you did?

[ QUOTE ]
Someone on this board told me to listen to One Be Lo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Formerly known as One Man Army from the duo Binary Star. He has some other albums and they have the group albums. They're pretty good. I've been meaning to check out S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. for a while now, but still haven't.

[ QUOTE ]
Brother Ali happens to be another favorite of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro Ali is probably the best rapper out right now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big Apathy fan. He sounds the same on every song. I like some older Demigodz stuff, though. Rise is great.

David04
07-14-2005, 07:45 PM
You said he ghostwrote his hooks, implying that the Game did the hooks that 50 wrote.

Secondly, if record sales are what makes an album good, then yes, "The Massacre" is better. But record sales mean [censored], so it doesn't matter WHY The Game's record sold a lot, or if it did at all.

Why did you quote me and then mention Kanye and G-Unit, if you weren't talking to me?

I admit, you never claimed that "The Massacre" was better. But you said "The Massacre" has a better rep. Where do you get this information?

I can agree that Brother Ali kicks ass. You should definitely check out "S.O.N.A.G.R.A.M", it is a great album.

Tron
07-14-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone mention Illmatic by Nas. It's a good CD, but is not in line at all with the songs you mentioned. I don't see how they think you will like it, other than based on the fact that they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. The songs by Kanye West that he likes are relatively slow and the beats are melodic. The majority of songs on Illmatic are the same. Also, he obviously values lyrics to some extent, or else all he'd be listening to Missy Elliott. Plus, it seems he enjoys the occasional gangsta sh*t, which Illmatic also has.

You would think always being right would get old, but it doesn't.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You said he ghostwrote his hooks, implying that the Game did the hooks that 50 wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, thanks for restating this for me. I got tired saying it myself 20 minutes ago. Maybe in another 20 you can formulate a rebuttal?

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, if record sales are what makes an album good, then yes, "The Massacre" is better. But record sales mean [censored], so it doesn't matter WHY The Game's record sold a lot, or if it did at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What in God's name are you blathering about? Nobody is debating any of that. In fact, nobody even brought it up. I said both of the albums are painfully mediocre. What is the problem here?

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you quote me and then mention Kanye and G-Unit, if you weren't talking to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I quote lots of people and then go into my own opinions, much like everybody else who uses message boards. I was unaware that quoting you once meant everything after the fact was in direct response to you.

[ QUOTE ]
I admit, you never claimed that "The Massacre" was better. But you said "The Massacre" has a better rep. Where do you get this information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I most certainly did not say this. Again, I said that both albums are mediocre.

lucas9000
07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I like the song "Militia" with Freddie Foxxx, hadn't heard that song before. Dude is sick man, I can't fathom why he never blew up. Oh well, now he is on John Cena's album, and goes by Bumpy Knuckles.

[/ QUOTE ]

some of his hottest [censored] is off oc's second album "jewelz." he's on one or two tracks and he spits FIRE on it.

he's weird because he had his first album like 15 or so years ago, and his second like 5 years ago. i saw him live once and he was wearing a weightlifting belt with his name branded into it. classic.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Freddy Foxxx is buff as hell.

lucas9000
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression "Moment Of Truth" was already mentioned. Dunno why. Get it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're going to get a proper gang starr album (as opposed to full clip), get hard to earn first.

David04
07-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Skeme-The post I originally quoted was by maxsick. Then you responded to my quote, so I thought that you had written the post that I quoted. I was not looking at the name of the poster. All of my posts were directed at maxsick. Sorry for the mix-up.

nervous
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Just because 50 may have written some hooks for The Game, it doesn't mean that his CD is bad.

The Documentary is actually a really good CD. The great songs on there are Dreams, Hate It or Love It, Higher (My favorite), How We Do, Church For Thugs, Like Father, Like Son. Almost every other song on that CD is good, too.

50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Trying is a must get. Literally every song on that CD is great.

50 Cent's The Massacre is a great CD. The best songs on there are In My Hood, I'm Supposed to Die Tonight, Candy Shop, Outta Control, Ryder Music (if you want to chill), Disco Inferno, Just a Lil Bit, Gunz Come Out, My Toy Soldier, God Gave Me Style, I Don't Need 'Em, and again Hate it or Love it. So yeah, you better just get the whole CD since that is like 85% of the CD and the other songs aren't bad at all, either.

Other CD's that are good:

T.I. - Urban Legend
Jay-Z - Memorable Doubt The Black Album
Common - Be
Eminem - Encore
Lloyd Banks - The Hunder For More (esp. Warrior Pt. 2)

You already said that you like Kanye. I personally think that every single song on his CD is great. I've heard that his new CD "Late Registration" is coming in August. Anyone know if this is true?

There is a big difference in those CD's and Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Biggie, Tupac. I personally like the above choices much more than the Tupac and Biggie stuff.

Notable Tupac songs
Ambitionz Az a Ridah
California Love
Changes

Dr. Dre
The Watcher
Still D.R.E
What's the Difference
Forgot About Dre
The Next Episode

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 09:32 PM
dude, you have horrible taste.

The Massacre?
Urban Legend?
Encore?
Lloyd Banks??

all of the above better than Biggie and Pac?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The Game CD is good though, check out his mixtape, which is Game with nice production, and 0 50.

Tron
07-14-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please kick your own ass immediately.

EDIT: OMG WTF ROFL 1200 POSTS!!!! VETERAN!!!!! BBQ!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please kick your own ass immediately.

EDIT: OMG WTF ROFL 1200 POSTS!!!! VETERAN!!!!! BBQ!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]spit flames!!!!!!

nervous
07-14-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plz

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tron
07-14-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I love the avatar/location

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of this, I bought C-Rayz's CD and I am working on a review.

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plz

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]well actually, if you like it, whatever, but IMO, most of that [censored] is pretty wack.

Tron
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Whether I'm with my homeboys or with The Game

Believe it, playboy

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I just downloaded the newest C Rayz. I doubt I'll like it. His older stuff is cool.

Tron
07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately I have gone legit, and the newest CD was the only one they had on iTunes.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
That's weak. I was bumping C Rayz like 4 years ago. I still have some old shirt of his. I think it's still slightly too big for me. I accidentally ordered XXL when I was like 5'4, hehe.

Have you heard WhoDaFckAreYou, Keepin It Raw or Barb Wire Fences?

tbach24
07-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Did any of you guys see Blizzard's followup on MTV.com? I would but my speakers are broken.

Tron
07-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Uhm, I was bumping C Rayz the night the episode of Made with him on it premiered.

No, I have heard none of those, but I have just recently started expanding my hip hop horizons.

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Download 'em. Keepin It Raw has Immortal Tech on, back before he was widely known. It's a good track.

Jules22
07-15-2005, 01:32 AM
D Block - Party FreeStyle

Jules22
07-15-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Demigodz whats up! ive got majik mosts new album, its pretty disappointing tho, altho celph titled shreds as usual

-Skeme-
07-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Celph Titled is not good at rapping. GN.

Jman28
07-15-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. The songs by Kanye West that he likes are relatively slow and the beats are melodic. The majority of songs on Illmatic are the same. Also, he obviously values lyrics to some extent, or else all he'd be listening to Missy Elliott. Plus, it seems he enjoys the occasional gangsta sh*t, which Illmatic also has.

You would think always being right would get old, but it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, buy Illmatic so that we can settle this.

Matty
08-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Aesop Rock is all over my playlist right now. Highly recommended.

smokingrobot
08-06-2005, 02:10 AM
what no big ups for liquid swords?

-Skeme-
08-06-2005, 03:04 AM
http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/n/necro~~~~~~_prefixfor_101b.jpg

imported_CaseClosed326
08-06-2005, 03:15 AM
That's how I beat shaq
http://www.coralbolivia.com/images/aroncarter3.jpg

ucfryan
08-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Hm, I don't listen to a lot of newer rap, but there is some good stuff out there. I just recently got into 50's first album and I think it's solid.

Anyway, CDs you need to hear, new or old.

NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Ice Cube - Amerikkas Most Wanted
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
2pac - All Eyez on Me
2pac - 2Pacalypse Now
Dr Dre - 2001
Eminem - Slim Shady LP
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Wu Tang - Enter the Wu-Tang
Notorious BIG - Life after Death
Notorious BIG - Ready 2 Die
Nas - Illmatic
Bone Thugs - E 1999 Eternal
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin
The Game - The Documentary

There's a lot more, that's all that's comin off the top of my head tho.