PDA

View Full Version : 11:30 a.m. yesterday, I get a phone call and

Zeno
02-18-2003, 01:36 AM
there is the usually silence for a bit, indicating a "telemarketing" phone call, when a firm male voice bellows out: "May I speak to the Republican of the house?"

I stayed silent. Then I did the only rational thing I could think of in this moment of supreme crisis - I unplugged the phone. And left it unplugged all day.

Then I remembered. Oh! That's right. I registered as a Republian. I am starting at the end of this screed. I'll now start at the begining and then finish in grand style.

I was registered as a Demo-crack for the early part of my sordid years on this crusty ball of cosmic vomit call planet Earth. I always voted for the person that I hated the least. Then I registered indepentent for a number of years and did the same. Then I was unregistered for a number of years and did not vote at all. Last year, at age 49, I registered as a Re-pub-lick-a-can. Now, I can not even remember who I voted for.

When I reach 60, I will be a communist. When I am 70, I will be a libertarian. At 80, I will revive the Do-nothing party and become head propaganda minister. At 100, I plan on being a Whig. At 101, a Tory. After that, I am on a freeroll. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Le Misanthrope