PDA

View Full Version : Bush asked his boss...

ACPlayer
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
... should I fire Karl Rove?

Karl Rove replied, of course not you dolt. Just dodge the question.

coffeecrazy1
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
No...Bush's boss is Cheney. Rove is Cheney's Mini-Me...in fact, they kind of look alike, too. Of course, does that now mean we can call Rove Mini-Dick?

Dynasty
07-14-2005, 03:20 AM
It's more than four and a half years since Bush became President and the left are still telling the same jokes.

It's no wonder so many voters think they have no original ideas.

ACPlayer
07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Me, a member of the left?

LMAO.

ACPlayer
07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/images/bush-brain.gif

Chris Alger
07-14-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that Bush is the least popular President since Nixon, perhaps you meant voters "thought"?

The common denominators of GOP policies have remained the same at least since LBJ: unburden and subsidize the rich, increase military spending, increase the use of military force, repress dissidence. (The same period also coincides with the permanent stagnation of worker incomes).

Economic boom, budget surplus and peace? Then cut taxes and increase defense spending. Recession, terror and two wars? Then increase military spending and cut taxes. Indeed, the core of rightist prescriptions has remained tediously unoriginal since Cato the Elder and can be summarized as "more for the fewer."

The only thing "new" about these Republicans are Bush's cowboy constume and accent (the only Bush sibling who talks like a Texan) and a greater willingness to leverage social tensions and dumb guy credulity.

Dynasty
07-14-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that Bush is the least popular President since Nixon, perhaps you meant voters "thought"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we basing this on some poll- the political equivalent of sticking your finger in the wind?

I could have sworn President Bush was just re-elected and got more votes than any other Presidential candidate in history.

wh1t3bread
07-14-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The common denominators of GOP policies... increase military spending

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...

Looks like it's not only the GOP.... (http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/071305/brief3.html)

US Conservative
07-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Bush does not have a boss, except God.

It is funny to me how liberals attack a man as great as Bush by inferring that he is somehow stupid or mentally lacking. Bush has proven to be the greatest president in modern times, liberating oppressed countries, fixing the tax code, bringing character and morality back to government, the list goes on and on.

What have the libs done lately (except spread lies via the media they control)?

Cyrus
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are we basing this on some poll - the political equivalent of sticking your finger in the

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon. Say it!

Chris Alger
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Sure, center-right Democrats (like Hillary) have always been huge MIC supporters. But you won't see her get passionate about defense when she's stumping in the primaries. Contrast her rhetoric to the standard jingoist rant included in nearly every Republican speech that touches foreign policy. The standard GOP axiom-myth is Carter and Clinton recklessly weakened the Pentagon.

Chris Alger
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could have sworn President Bush was just re-elected and got more votes than any other Presidential candidate in history.

[/ QUOTE ]
This kind of meaningless statistic is an example of what I called dumb guy credulty. U.S. voter population was higher than ever, therefore more people than ever voted for Bush and more people than ever voted against him. 40% of the eligible elctorate didn't even participate. The important fact is that U.S. political institutions, including the Bush presidency, are widely perceived by Americans as failing.

slickpoppa
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we basing this on some poll- the political equivalent of sticking your finger in the wind?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to question the validity of polls, don't use equally bad statistics yourself. The fact that Bush got more votes than any candidate in history has a lot to do with the fact that the US population is higher now than ever before. In 2004 John Kerry got more popular votes (59 mil) than Ronald Reagan did in 1984 (54.5 mil). Does that suggest that Kerry was more popular than Reagan?

Furthermore, there are plenty of statistics which suggest that Bush's reelection was not so impressive:

[ QUOTE ]
Bush won with the smallest margin of victory for a sitting president in U.S. history in terms of the percentage of the popular vote. (Bush received 2.5% more than Kerry; the closest previous margin won by a sitting President was 3.2% for Woodrow Wilson in 1916.) In terms of absolute number of popular votes, his victory margin (approximately 3 million votes) was the smallest of any sitting President since Harry S. Truman in 1948.

[/ QUOTE ] link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2004)

I don't really care how Bush's popularity ranks historically, but I hate it when people use bad statistics (such as Bush's total number of votes) to back up their assertions.

James Boston
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and got more votes than any other Presidential candidate in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not taking sides here, but you do realize Kerry got more votes than most people who have been elected President. This is a meaningless number.

BCPVP
07-15-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I also seem to remember him having the highest popularity rating. And the president's popularity has little to do with the lack of original ideas among the left.