PDA

View Full Version : When do you start to pound?

SammyKid11
07-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi...

A situation I (and probably most others) face all the time is finding myself in average/slightly below average chips with 4-6 players left (in the 11s). I play, as recommended, pretty tight in the early stages...so this seems like the story of most SnG's for me.

Obviously, the crux of increasing my winrate is learning how to play better in these situations. Does anyone either know of something definitive I can read on the subject...or else have their own guidelines that work that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Right now, here's how I've been playing it:

If I'm down to <8 BB's, I start to push with:
55+
A7s+
AT+
K9s+
KJ+
QTs+

Under general circumstances, does this sound adviseable?

curtains
07-13-2005, 11:04 PM
No, you cant talk like that in such a generalized fashion, whilst ignoring issues like position. In the SB and button you should be much looser whereas you should be much tighter UTG.

SammyKid11
07-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Okay, fair enough. I'm trying to put together a hand chart of what to push from what position once I'm down to less than 8 BB's. Any advice on how to go about doing that?

wulfheir
07-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Besides position, you also must account for stack sizes. Besides stack sizes, you must also account for your opponents skill level.

SammyKid11
07-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Okay...I'm hearing all of that -- but I'm new, trying to have a plan and not hunches. Where can I begin to build that information?

lastchance
07-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Post on 2+2, buy Eastbay's program, which gives you anything and everything on the bubble.