PDA

View Full Version : How much of an effect do these antes really have?

theben
07-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Backgroud: I sometimes play some micro stakes stud8 to clear bonuses and have fun and i was wondering something...

comparing the .5/1.00 tables are partypoker versus paradise poker

partypoker has a bring in of .25, and the standard betting amounts on all streets as expected. So does paradise. however, party's ante is a super high .25, or 1/4BB. paradise has no ante. therefore, at a full game a round costs 9X as much at party than at paradise on average.

one huge difference between these games i have noticed is pot size. avg. pot at party for many games is 15$+. average pot size at paradise is about 5$ in a "good game"

i understand that the ante adds 2$ extra to the pot preflop and will make multiway pots/playing more hands to 4th a lot more common, but how much of the increase in avg. pot size from site to site is a result of game strucute and how much is from flat out horrible play?

i'm seens 4-6 people call 2, 3, or even 4 bets on a late street frequently. in an evening of playing at paradise, i might see 2 pots that get capped up all night, and they are always head-up

theben
07-14-2005, 07:26 PM
bump

somebody comment!

nanoCRUSHER
07-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Read TOP.

BeerMoney
07-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Honestly dude, there's already been a lot of discussion about this stuff on here. The reason the pots are huge is because of the huge ante and the terrible players.

People like to gamble, and these tables are the perfect place to do it.