PDA

View Full Version : Common HU Turn Sit.

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">

I Open raise on the button, sb folds, bb calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks...

Say an unknown villain. How often are you betting? checking?

Joe Tall
07-13-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the action? We have to assume you raised preflop and bet the flop? Where the fck did you learn how to post?

Redeye
07-13-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't understand how this played out up till now and I think that makes a difference. Did you raise w/ QJ on the button? Why wouldn't you be betting this flop like 75% of the time?

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Post deleted by Johnny Boom Boom

Joe Tall
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, J.
3 folds.

Flop: 5, A, 3 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Turn: K (2 players)
BB checks...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened preflop? Try again...

Redeye
07-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I assume you're always raising preflop here. Anyways, I bet this more times than I don't. Unless I have a read that the player loves to wait till the turn in these situations I alwasy think keeping the gas on like this wins you more pots than the risk you run getting c/red with outs.

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 10:52 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Buck_65
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
What limit? I'd bet since you know exactly how to handle a raise. Villain peeling one off on the flop doesn't mean a whole lot. Then again, unknown villain is annoying. I think it is close, but I prefer to bet and try to pick up the pot now. If you're just called, you likely get a free showdown whether or not you improve, which is nice if he has a draw so you may pick up the pot anyway.

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Discuss how your ratio varies at diff. limits vs. an unknown.

sam h
07-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Bet it.

brassnuts
07-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Did Party's recent update change the hand histories?

zephed
07-14-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Party's recent update change the hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but all you have to do to fix it is to take out the word "Texas" right before it says "hold'em" near the top.

sthief09
07-14-2005, 04:37 AM
first I said bet. now I'm thinking check. you get bluffed into on the river a lot there, and it sucks to get checkraised even if it won't happen too often. if T9 will take a stab at the river I'd gladly give him a free card

Buck_65
07-14-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss how your ratio varies at diff. limits vs. an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm assuming you'll be bluff/semi-bluff raised more often at 10/20 and higher than at, say, 3/6. I'm not really basing this off anything, as I haven't played any higher limits than 3/6. I still don't know what my default play would be in your situation if I was asked to give one. I still think I like a bet, as it helps your table image when you're not giving free cards often.

wheelz
07-14-2005, 07:43 AM
I think betting that card might fold a smaller pair too, so I'm leaning towards bet.

imported_azalin
07-14-2005, 08:37 AM
I check it against an unkown usually. This is a hand where i decide what to do depending from my table image and the specific player (rarely he is an unkown thanks to datamining).

wheelz
07-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I doubt you get bluff/semi-bluff raised here very often, and even if you did, that likely means you would've been bet into on the river if you checked behind anyways, and it won't be easy to call the river with queen high.

If you bet and get check-raised you're likely beaten, and you're only missing out on hitting a 4-outer in a fairly small pot, so having to fold isn't a huge loss. Sure you also lose an extra bet than you would have if you checked then folded the river, but you can't be sure that you're not folding the winner to that river bet. Also, if you are against an ace or king and check then catch a J or Q on the river and decide to call, you would've lost one more bet anyways.

If your opponent has a worse hand, betting charges him to draw, and likely allows you to check behind on the river, greatly reducing the chances of getting bluffed into on the river and having to fold the best hand.

If he has a PP or a 3 or 5, there's a fairly good chance of getting him to fold it if you bet now since the pot isn't very big and there's an A and K on the board, and you were the PFR.

My first instincts were to check here, but now I'm thinking we should usually be betting.

BottlesOf
07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I'f I'm checking the turn, there's no way I'm calling the river UI, unless I'm against the craziest of the crazy, a check here, to me, means giving up unless I hit an out. What do you think?

PokerBob
07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first I said bet. now I'm thinking check. you get bluffed into on the river a lot there, and it sucks to get checkraised even if it won't happen too often. if T9 will take a stab at the river I'd gladly give him a free card

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are calling this river with Q-high??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

PokerBob
07-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I think I bet and then hang it up, but a read here is huge IMO.

MAxx
07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I don't know what's right... but I probably bet turn here about 35% of the time and check 65% of the time (this is an estimate of course... it could actually be 40/60 or 60/40.. who knows for sure). I play it from there as you would.