PDA

View Full Version : Andy Black

cmmcnjd
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Stalled play to prevent opponent missing because of confusion over dinner break from being blinded off. Probably plenty here who will disagree, but my hat is off to him.

The Armchair
07-13-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stalled play to prevent opponent missing because of confusion over dinner break from being blinded off. Probably plenty here who will disagree, but my hat is off to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paxosmotic
07-13-2005, 10:44 PM
You gotta love the guy.

TheMainEvent
07-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Even if I didn't think the stalling was necessary, I wouldn't ever criticize someone for trying to be a stand up guy at the table.

Howard Treesong
07-13-2005, 10:53 PM
I met Andy at a satellite during the course of the ME. Seems like a nice, funny man. I follow your lead: my JOPKE hat is off to him.

gumpzilla
07-13-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I met Andy at a satellite during the course of the ME. Seems like a nice, funny man. I follow your lead: my JOPKE hat is off to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I commented on this in the long-ass thread at the top of the list, but I guess I'll do so again.

I have a lot of respect for his efforts, and I think he's a good guy. That said, I don't think that it's necessarily a good thing to do. If I were at that table, I would probably point out that while he may be protecting Wang, he's probably screwing a few people at the table, which doesn't exactly seem fair either.

Freudian
07-13-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was evened out by the other players not taking time to make their decisions.