PDA

View Full Version : your favorite song from "ready to die"

lucas9000
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
yeah i know it's damn near impossible to choose one, but do it anyway.

mason55
07-13-2005, 09:54 PM
i just listened to this album twice in a row at work today.

"super nintendo sega genesis. when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this"

easy answer.

Vince Young
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Juicy

Soul Daddy
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 09:58 PM
I've never listened to it. I don't like Biggie.

mason55
07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, that was my answer first, where's my quote lovin'

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

tbach24
07-13-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"super nintendo sega genesis. when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this"

easy answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the name of the song and I recognize the lyrics, but it's one of the few rap songs I like, what's the name?

IndieMatty
awesome poll-- loot

Soul Daddy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, that was my answer first, where's my quote lovin'

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor
this being a poker forum i would be very disappointed if it wasnt gimme da loot.

mason55
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

easy answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the name of the song and I recognize the lyrics, but it's one of the few rap songs I like, what's the name?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Juicy.

Phoenix1010
07-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Amazing album. Juicy was the most popular and will probably get the most votes. Gimme the Loot was amazing because Big actually gave the two characters in the song two different voices; a lot of people still think that it was two different people rapping. Warning is a great example of what makes Biggie the greatest rapper of all time: his ability to tell a story and act out roles within the confines of rhythm and flow is unmatched. Suicidal Thoughts is another really well done song that doesn't get much attention, probably becaus of subject matter. Again, amazing album. I'll go with Warning.

mslif
07-13-2005, 10:18 PM
juicy

lucas9000
07-13-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing album. Juicy was the most popular and will probably get the most votes. Gimme the Loot was amazing because Big actually gave the two characters in the song two different voices; a lot of people still think that it was two different people rapping. Warning is a great example of what makes Biggie the greatest rapper of all time: his ability to tell a story and act out roles within the confines of rhythm and flow is unmatched. Suicidal Thoughts is another really well done song that doesn't get much attention, probably becaus of subject matter. Again, amazing album. I'll go with Warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

unbelievable has long been a favorite of mine because of the classic primo beat, but i chose gimme the loot. so hard to choose though...it's not like you can fault anyone for choosing juicy or any number of songs from this album.

mason55
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
This was one of the great "one-line" albums ever.

My favorite is "beating mother fuckers like ike beat tina"

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Unbelievable is one of my least favorite Premo beats. Now You're Mine is probably the worst.

Phoenix1010
07-13-2005, 10:52 PM
"Because the streets is a short stop, either you're slinging crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot."

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Everybody claim they the best and they head the throne since Big is gone, but if you ask me, they dead wrong.

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
very pleased to see gimme da loot holding its own against juicy

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Notorious Thugs < This list.

BottlesOf
07-13-2005, 11:10 PM
No, I think you mean ">", and if so, I agree.

IndieMatty
07-13-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very pleased to see gimme da loot holding its own against juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

Its' the slightly better song.

This and Gravediggazz turned me around in my views of Hip Hop. I'm listening to it now.

IggyWH
07-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I voted for Things Done Change because I love that beat and lets you know right off the bat that the album is fire.

A great Guru quote in a song is always a plus though...

"But he's sticking you, and taking all of your money"

siccjay
07-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I voted for Warning. Gimmie the loot is a very close 2nd.

The album version of One More Chance is very nice also.

Suicidal Thoughts is very cool too.

MikeL05
07-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Juicy is, in my opinion, the single greatest rap song of all time.

A little bit gangsta, a little bit political, a little bit ghetto-fabulous, all in one. Great sample, great lyrics, and performed by one of the greats. Possibly the turning point from the early 90's "I'm cool cause if you don't think so I'll cap your ass" to the later 90's "I'm cool cause I have lots of money". This is a great album, but I would certainly argue this as the greatest rap song of all time.

nothumb
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Tempted to pick one of the other great songs because I know everyone will pick Juicy, but I'm still going with it. Such an awesome song.

After that I would say The What. Surprised this song is not getting a little more shine.

NT

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I think you mean ">", and if so, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. The whole net version of greater than, less than threw me off. I remembered it being "16 < 12" as the < becomes an alligator and eats the lesser number.

Wes ManTooth
07-14-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Juicy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... though the entire album is excellent

IggyWH
07-14-2005, 01:30 AM
I don't really care for the album version of "Unbelievable" but has anyone heard when Biggie and Puffy did it for Funk Master Flex? Might want to download it if you can find it as I like it a lot.

Bill Murphy
07-14-2005, 02:31 AM
IMO they fvcked up on the remaster's titles. The plural was never used in the song, and on Miss You he talks about "all the niggas in the struggle".

BTW, I didn't vote in the poll yet. It's a question I've, er, struggled /images/graemlins/laugh.gif with for years. Still ain't have an answer.

Oh, hell, "Things Done Changed" I guess, just cuz its the first track and it was so mindblowing to hear it for the first time. By an eyelash over Respect. And MGFunk. And Friend Of Mine. And Everyday Struggl"E".... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill Murphy
07-14-2005, 03:46 AM
So are you saying that even tho you don't like Big's songs, you respect him as a lyricist?

Bill Murphy
07-14-2005, 04:02 AM
Last Day, by a ghetto mile. Best track ever with >2 rappers. I always thought people got exposed by rapping w/Big(esp. Method Man although The What is such a great track it could've been Vanilla Ice on there), but The Lox was great. Had never heard of them before. Anyone know which of the three verses was done by Jadakiss, Sheek Louch, and Styles P?

It would be a tie Long Kiss Goodnight if all of Puff's ranting could be stripped of it. Never did much like Bone-Thugs although Notorious Thugs is OK.

LAD has to be the greatest guest MC album ever. I mean, who's missing?

Is there software out there the would allow you to reverse engineer a track and let you take off stuff you don't like?

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying that even tho you don't like Big's songs, you respect him as a lyricist?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I was saying, but this is what I think. I'm not a big of fan of his, but he is a good emcee. His flow and charisma was great.

schwza
07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
the what.

those 3 seconds where big and method man are both rapping at the same time sounds so sweet. it's way overdue to get sampled.

juicy, of course, is also a classic.

Bill Murphy
07-15-2005, 05:41 AM
"...ya don't want to fvck with the B-I-G/M-G/E-I/T-E/H-O-D..." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's a great beat, like you say can't believe its never been sampled, and some of Big's best rhymes: Twinkie filling, played out like Arnold, trees to branches & cliffs to avalanches, etc.

I love Big's outro: "..Bed-Stuyvesan', the livest one, my borough is thorough, recogni'.."

Great tune, and I really don't care for MethMan & it sounded like he had a cold that day. Imagine this track w/Tupac or Too Short on it instead!

correia
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
One of my favorite albums of all time. Its one of those albums you can listen to straight through without skipping any songs. "Gimme the loot Gimme the loot, I'm a bad man."