PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar problem

jstewsmole
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
When i have both monitors set up, the original one has all the icons on the desktop and the monitor to the right has the task bar on it with no icons. This happened the first time i rebooted after both monitors were hooked up.
I would like to have the task bar on the same monitor as the one displaying the icons.
thanks for listening

illunious
07-13-2005, 08:57 PM
You need ultramon (google it), a multi-monitor utility, I don't use it, but it will do what you want.

Edit: Kind of mis-read your post. If all you want is the icons to be on the same screen as the taskbar, then just move the icons.

mattw
07-14-2005, 02:16 AM
i think he wants the toolbar moved from the right monitor to the left one.

JoePro
07-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Open your display properties.
Make sure the 'Use this device as the primary monitor' checkbox is checked on the monitor where you want your taskbar to show.

jstewsmole
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think he wants the toolbar moved from the right monitor to the left one.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what i want /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe the primary monitor is already checked in the display properties.
Should i go with the software /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for the replies though

jstewsmole
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
bump

illunious
07-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Just drag the taskbar from one to the other.

jstewsmole
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
i tried that illunious but it doesnt seem to drag. U drag it like u drag a window right? Is that ultramon software free?
Its just weird and kinda annoying that the bar is on the right screen and i mainly use the left monitor. When i opne something up from the start menu on the right screen, it pops up on the left. Just kinda annoying is all.

thanks for checkin back though Illunious

AEKDBet
07-15-2005, 12:08 AM
The taskbar IS draggable.

Minimize your windows and click on the desktop. Just left click on it.

Now click and hold on the taskbar. Be sure to click the actual taskbar itself and not an application sitting in the taskbar.

Drag it, drop it. Get ultramon ASAP. It rocks.

Nomad84
07-15-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The taskbar IS draggable.

Minimize your windows and click on the desktop. Just left click on it.

Now click and hold on the taskbar. Be sure to click the actual taskbar itself and not an application sitting in the taskbar.

Drag it, drop it. Get ultramon ASAP. It rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this doesn't work, right click on your task bar and make sure "Lock Taskbar" (or whatever it says...) is unchecked, then try again.