PDA

View Full Version : aces in everyones hand!

badbill7
07-13-2005, 08:31 PM
same typical table some loose passive some just passive. how was the play and does everyone else fold this river. reason im asking is i think im giving people to much credit when an ace falls on the river. this hand is mabey not the best example but im afraid because ive been aced on the river so much lately that im seeing aces around every bush, corner, tree, ect. what do you guys think? and how do you play this. ps. my thought on range of hands was jj or tt for the bb and ace junk for the limper.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

nomadtla
07-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Fold on river is seeing monsters though honestly I think this flop is a fold. Granted the pot is big, granted you have 2 overs. But KQ against a 3 betting hand (AA-TT, AK-AT, KQ, and some of those I think would only be 3 bet as sb protection), that will lead into that flop. Granted since it's SB they could just be trying to defend (but they may have caught there hand, or BB caught something), but with BB comming along for the ride and because of your position to the bettor you can't get BB out. I think flop is a raise or fold situation. Call is worst option. I think fold is best even given a big pot.

Andrew Smith
07-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, scary river card, but I would have to call the bet. The call is a lot harder since SB is yet to act and might be going for a check-raise. But, I think you will be good 1:13 times here, so this should be profitable long term.

DCWildcat
07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, scary river card, but I would have to call the bet. The call is a lot harder since SB is yet to act and might be going for a check-raise. But, I think you will be good 1:13 times here, so this should be profitable long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree with this, as well as folding the flop.

Piss on the grave of the guy holding AJ or A9 who beat you/

Eeegah
07-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Oof. You're not closing the action and for all you know SB could have AA and wants to c/r. You raising the turn indicated you had at least pair of queens, and that's not scaring BB. I suspect you're beat but would make the crying call anyway in case he saw SB's hesitation as a bluffing opportunity.

@bsolute_luck
07-13-2005, 09:27 PM
how many outs do you think you have on the flop?

badbill7
07-13-2005, 10:33 PM
six. i dont count sb as having AA KK or a four put him on AK-A10 due to his play previously. your probably right though when you post that question. i was trying to play according to the read i think i had on him and not the stats. just figured no one had a pair or a four on the flop.

moot
07-13-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
six. i dont count sb as having AA KK or a four put him on AK-A10 due to his play previously. your probably right though when you post that question. i was trying to play according to the read i think i had on him and not the stats. just figured no one had a pair or a four on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're horribly miscalculating your outs. First of all, you don't just get to decide SB doesn't have AA or KK, you put him on a range. QQ is also a possibility (though less likely since you have a Q, and the same goes for KK).

This is pretty much a no-brainer fold. You're almost sure to be behind now, and you have no where close to 6 outs. Barely 4, and that's fairly generous.

benkath1
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ps. my thought on range of hands was jj or tt for the bb and ace junk for the limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' see a limper, but maybe you should broaden your hand ranges a little. If BB had TT, do you think he would just call the flopped boat?

That's one weird hand, looks like he sucked out on you. Make a note and move on.