PDA

View Full Version : Getting led into after a PFR

GetThere1Time
07-13-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm a 5/10 player. More and more I find myself getting led into after I PFR in position. These players have bottom pairs, gut shots, flush draws, other goofy draws, top pair; its pretty all over the place. All kinds of players are doing it; loose, tight, tricky, donkish. I've been combating this by raising the flop and leading the turn or calling the flop and raising the turn and taking a free showdown with a lot of the hands I bring it in with and whiff.

My first thought on this is to surrender and wait until I make a hand to extract tons of value from, but the frequency that this is happening's been too high to not put up a fight.

I'll fold in this situation if:

-It's a super-passive who bets the flop. But even then I find some LP fish are getting goofy with these types of "flop donk bets" so personally I have to have a specific read to fold the flop.

-I get stop and goed on the turn.

- I get c'red on the turn.

-He bets the obvious turn/river draw filling scare card and I don't have a specific read

Here's an old Peter_rus thread I dug up concerning a similar situation: Flop raise HU situation deeper analysis (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=1670525&page=&view =&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

It helped a me a bunch but I'm still pretty lost. I'd like to know what you all think on the matter. Thanks in advance.