PDA

View Full Version : All 3 options on the river KK

DcifrThs
07-13-2005, 06:58 PM
taking a shot at a big limit. 4handed.

villian is 65/47 over 250 hands. he raises in the CO w/ Q5s and goes 3 or 4 bets on each street on draws exept river. he loves to just be as he is...a lag.

i am blessed to find KK in teh CO, villian is the button. 1/2 blind structure. i raise, villain 3 bets i cap he calls.

flop: Th6c4s i bet villian calls (odd)

turn: 9d i bet villian raisees i 3 bet he caps.

river: Qh....i check intending to raise.

who likes a bet here? who likes a bet/3bet? who likes a bet call a raise?. who likes a check call (if i get 3 bet im almost certainly beat and still have to call though...no folding to a 3 bet here).

-Barron

surfdoc
07-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Lags can get good hands. His flop call is so uncharacteristic that it has to raise a little concern and same with the war on the turn. (BTW what is up with the cap, aren't these sites with big games no cap HU?) I think 2 bets makes sense so I like a bet and call a raise. CR and getting 3 bet won't be a happy ending usually.

DcifrThs
07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lags can get good hands. His flop call is so uncharacteristic that it has to raise a little concern and same with the war on the turn. (BTW what is up with the cap, aren't these sites with big games no cap HU?) I think 2 bets makes sense so I like a bet and call a raise. CR and getting 3 bet won't be a happy ending usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess that gives away which site it is lol...oh well.

and yea i guess i fudged this one up by going for a checkraise because he totally and uncharacteristically checked his jacks behind apparantly afraid of the Q>

-Barron

Nigel
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Barron,

I see the results now, but I still like bet/call a raise. His flop call is suspicious and there is a chance you are behind, give him one more chance to throw an extra bet in trying to out-LAG you, and if he only calls, fine. You don't miss a bet in case he is thinking of checking through like he does here (surprisingly).

Cheers,

Nigel

MrStretchie
07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

I see the results now, but I still like bet/call a raise. His flop call is suspicious and there is a chance you are behind, give him one more chance to throw an extra bet in trying to out-LAG you, and if he only calls, fine. You don't miss a bet in case he is thinking of checking through like he does here (surprisingly).

Cheers,

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with all. I'd bet/call a raise. His action strongly suggests high PP, so I'd be a bit worried with Q and T, 9 on the board.. But he's insane enough that I'd have to bet for value. I certainly wouldn't be 3-betting though.

tpir90036
07-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Just bet and call a raise. He is going to pay you off with his QJ that just hit a pair or JT or whatever the heck he has but he might not bet all of the JT-ish hands.

I don't like getting fancy for two bets when there is a decent chance I will get zero.

Paluka
07-14-2005, 09:22 AM
I don't like checkraising here. Players like this often go nuts on the earlier streets and then chill out on the river. Also, you would really throw up if you got 3 bet on the river. I think betting and calling a raise is probably best.
If there was no cap would you have 5 bet the turn?

DcifrThs
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like checkraising here. Players like this often go nuts on the earlier streets and then chill out on the river. Also, you would really throw up if you got 3 bet on the river. I think betting and calling a raise is probably best.
If there was no cap would you have 5 bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

-Barron

PokerBob
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Since you say he won't go many bets on the river, I like betting out and calling his raise. I think you are correct that if you c/r and he 3-bets you will have to call and undoubtedly puke.

Turning Stone Pro
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Check and call. His top two pair on the turn is good.

TSP

DpR
07-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I want to check call here, but that is because of the turn cap. Normally I would not think the turn gets capped if your opponent cannot beat and overpair. If you think he could cap the turn w/o a better hand then I would bet/call. Tossing in 7BB on the last 2 streets with one pair is not particularly attractive to me.

DcifrThs
07-14-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check and call. His top two pair on the turn is good.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked he checked and he mucked...he had JJ.

-Barron

mab_nyc69
07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
you overthought the hand. just bet....hes there to pay you off. the board wasnt scary and hes an idiot....dream hand for that type.