PDA

View Full Version : I just got an anti-bot pop-up on Empire

SinCityGuy
07-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I was playing 4 tables, and a pop-up appeared with five squiggly letters. I was instructed to type in the five letters within 120 seconds.

Anyone else see this yet?

Allinlife
07-13-2005, 06:11 PM
finally it has come to this /images/graemlins/blush.gif

StacysMom
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
has anyone not been able to read the letters that popped up? I ahve had to type in what I "see" ofr email accounts and other securtiy stuff, and often can't decipher it... I hope i dont F it up and flagged as a bot if it happens to me.

obsidian
07-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Was wondering how long it would take for this to start.

SinCityGuy
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone not been able to read the letters that popped up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any trouble reading the letters; however, I was in the middle of a hand on one of the tables and the buttons disappeared. I was going to fold anyway, so in this case it wasn't a big deal when I timed out.

teddyFBI
07-13-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing 4 tables, and a pop-up appeared with five squiggly letters. I was instructed to type in the five letters within 120 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

old news. there were threads on this 3 wks ago.

Stellastarr
07-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Damn. I havent seen this yet. Dont want to either. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Uglyowl
07-13-2005, 07:55 PM
I am glad they are doing this and sure they have certain criteria to prompt the boxes.

PrincipalSkinner
07-13-2005, 08:01 PM
So--the interesting question is what happens when I am actively involved in a large pot and this happens--does disconnect protection apply, I wonder . . .

Greg J
07-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, apparently some Party skins started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I still have never gotten one though. In any event, this is a good thing IMO.

grouchie
07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
yet you failed to mention what all was running on your machine when this popped up?
What poker programs were you running?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you not want to see this?? This is a great thing to stop people from running bots. This has nothing to do with PE/PT/PV etc. This is about fools running bots that actually play the hands.

This is a g00t thing! And ya way old news as TEddy said.

NoChance
07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
It's a good thing as long as you can still play your hand. Everyone is getting timed out when this comes up.

illogical
07-13-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone not been able to read the letters that popped up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any trouble reading the letters; however, I was in the middle of a hand on one of the tables and the buttons disappeared. I was going to fold anyway, so in this case it wasn't a big deal when I timed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too, I was in the middle of a hand when the popup came up and my buttons disappeared. I had top pair and had to disconnect to stay in the hand. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

sublime
07-13-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, apparently some Party skins started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I still have never gotten one though. In any event, this is a good thing IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i would be even happier if they were just 'targeting' players playing >3 tables at once and not some fish who plays at the same table for 10 hours stright. of course, its party and they will end up hitting us multitablers with 3 of these an hour /images/graemlins/mad.gif

theben
07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
not i, but i think its great that they are cracking down on bots

Stellastarr
07-14-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you not want to see this?? This is a great thing to stop people from running bots. This has nothing to do with PE/PT/PV etc. This is about fools running bots that actually play the hands.

This is a g00t thing! And ya way old news as TEddy said.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Im glad they are doing it. Just dont want it to happen to me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SinCityGuy
07-14-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yet you failed to mention what all was running on your machine when this popped up?
What poker programs were you running?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was running Pokertracker and Playerview, along with Party, Empire and Eurobet. The pop-up came from Empire.

theblitz
07-14-2005, 05:14 AM
You sure it's nothing to do with this post?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2865721&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2865834

/images/graemlins/grin.gif