PDA

View Full Version : this is kinda stupid, but... i just bought some paper plates...

bholdr
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
...and i noticed that they always come out of the package two at a time- whenever i go to grab a plate, i get two. do you suppose the manufacturer does this on purpose to increse plate usage? they're really cheap plates, so i use two anyway. hmmm.

Blarg
07-13-2005, 06:16 PM
It's fun as a paranoid fantasy.

I never get one at a time, either. But I don't always get two. I sometimes get 3, 4, and 5.

swede123
07-13-2005, 06:20 PM
You need to get some paper plate support thingies. I used to have some that were made from wicker or whatever. You put your single paper plate on those and never had problems with the cheap ass plates crumbling due to too much weight or whatever.

Swede

SpearsBritney
07-13-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to get some paper plate support thingies. I used to have some that were made from wicker or whatever. You put your single paper plate on those and never had problems with the cheap ass plates crumbling due to too much weight or whatever.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Lazymeatball
07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
While the wicker support thingy isn't really the topic of this thread, he's dead on about how useful they are. Plus they give a paper plate meal more of that classic picnic feel, and less of that "I can't afford real dishes" feel.

swede123
07-13-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://aka.landsend.com/IMAGES/PRODUCT/90533.AJ.04._.06.jpg

PocketJokers72
07-13-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus they give a paper plate meal more of that classic picnic feel, and less of that "I can't afford real dishes" feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote 2+2'er SoftCoreRevolt

"Paper plates must be replaced everytime they are used while other dinnerware are washed each time and are a one time only cost. The additional cost related to paper plates make them a sign of great wealth. "

I am an affluent member of my society.

SpearsBritney
07-13-2005, 06:31 PM
oh. gotchya.

Blarg
07-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Now you can get them for a penny a piece. Even if you double 'em, they're dirt cheap.

Runin
07-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Those things are sweet. They make them in colored plastic too. Of course if you buy them in plastic, why not just by plastic plates?

bholdr
07-13-2005, 07:38 PM
"You need to get some paper plate support thingies. I used to have some that were made from wicker or whatever. You put your single paper plate on those and never had problems with the cheap ass plates crumbling due to too much weight or whatever. "

yes, i have some, they rock. I once lived without a set of real plates for like threee months, and those wicker thingys were so damn useful that i never felt the lack of real plates.

back to my 'paranoid fantasy', though- it makes a little sense, no?