PDA

View Full Version : Micro Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em forum? PLEASE?

DJMaytag
07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
There is a micro stakes limit holdem forum, but no corresponding NL forum. I'd like to request that there be a micro NL forum added for those of us who play in stakes under $1 BB. The games and situations you face in these stakes are quite a bit different that what you might face in a NL100 game (ie 10x BB PFR with 8 callers).

Anyone else agree that this might be a good idea?

Jeffage
07-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Actually, there is. Post hands under "Small Stakes" below the "Pot Limit & No Limit" tab.

Jeff

DJMaytag
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there is. Post hands under "Small Stakes" below the "Pot Limit & No Limit" tab.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

LINK?

I'm not seeing it.

jkkkk
07-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker)

DJMaytag
07-13-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's SMALL STAKES NL, I was looking for MICRO stakes NL, similar to the micro limit forum. A fairly large majority of those in the SSNL forum buy in for more than my entire bankroll (ie NL100 and NL200).

I know there are a TON of players active in playing the NL10 and NL 25 games that would like to discuss strategy at those levels to improve their game. I don't think I'm alone in wanting a separate forum for the smaller games.

jkkkk
07-13-2005, 11:25 PM
People do discuss those limits in the forum I linked you too, think of it as an advantage that you are able to post among the people that play at the higher levels, they tend to give good advice. That does not mean that; the higher level you play, the better you are. It simply means you'll find good advice in that forum from experienced players.

Post a hand, you might learn something.

Greg J
07-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I have posted lower limit hands in SS NL. They are nice enough in responding.

DJMaytag
07-14-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have posted lower limit hands in SS NL. They are nice enough in responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have too, and the responses haven't been all that nice... some recent ones were along the lines of "if you can't beat the penny tables, then you have no chance at higher stakes" in regards to the bankroll troubles that bumped me down in the stakes.

The play at the .01/.02 (always) and .05/.10 (usually) borders on being equivalent to playing for play chips and (IMHO) needs a much different strategy to play against all these people that think they're Gus Hansen.

soah
07-14-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People do discuss those limits in the forum I linked you too, think of it as an advantage that you are able to post among the people that play at the higher levels, they tend to give good advice. That does not mean that; the higher level you play, the better you are. It simply means you'll find good advice in that forum from experienced players.

Post a hand, you might learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice that is correct for a 1/2 game probably isn't correct for a .5/.10 game. You can correct the obvious mistakes like calling half of your stack preflop with 33, but most decisions require you to know how your opponents play. Half the time that I try to respond to those threads I end up saying something like "why would you [bet/raise/reraise] there? You're just chasing away all the hands that beat you" and then the guy is like "well actually, I raised all-in for 10 times the size of the pot, and he called me with just a gutshot and no pair" and I'm like "................ oh"

There's already been a motion made in the MHNL forum to divide the current forums into Small (.5/1 and lower), Mid (1/2 - 3/6), and High (5/10 and above). I think this would help out greatly.

DJMaytag
07-14-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Advice that is correct for a 1/2 game probably isn't correct for a .5/.10 game. You can correct the obvious mistakes like calling half of your stack preflop with 33, but most decisions require you to know how your opponents play.

[/ QUOTE ]

After playing with many of them after a while, you can get some reads and know how your opponents are playing, but the number of micro tables and the constant influx of new players makes it hard to get to know the majority of those you're playing against at a NL25 or lower table.

[ QUOTE ]
There's already been a motion made in the MHNL forum to divide the current forums into Small (.5/1 and lower), Mid (1/2 - 3/6), and High (5/10 and above). I think this would help out greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, it definitely would.

pzhon
07-14-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a micro stakes limit holdem forum, but no corresponding NL forum. I'd like to request that there be a micro NL forum added for those of us who play in stakes under $1 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, NL 25 (with a $0.25 big blind) is one of the most commonly discussed levels on the Small Stakes PL/NL forum. It might be good to subdivide it further, but you are welcome to post hands, commentary, and questions there. You may get the feedback you want if you post the level under discussion.