PDA

View Full Version : River Play

Scotch78
07-13-2005, 04:49 PM
SB is 66/4 over 500+ hands. He has a river AF of 1.3, but that's the only sign of aggression. No table reads on him yet. BB seems pretty standard and nothing on the button.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="red"> Hero raises, </font> CO fold, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets, </font> Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets, </font> Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero . . .

Raise or call? Also, anyone not bet the turn?

Scott

Alobar
07-13-2005, 04:55 PM
meh, I just call the river. I'm prolly missing out on value since hes prolly bad enough to call with a 95o. But I think with that board hes either bluffing or just an idiot with a straight or trips that doesnt know how to play his hand.

imported_ncray
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Looks like he hit some sort of a king. If he was slowplaying a 3 or straight he would probably checkraise the river. With a 4 PFR AK would probably 3-bet PF. There are so many weaker kings out there that he could be betting. I'd raise the river and probably fold to a 3 bet. A weaker king (more probable) will call your raise, but it seems like only a significantly stronger hand would 3-bet.

hackermike
07-13-2005, 05:00 PM
i would just call here. this is a really wierd bet. it is possible for him to have a better kicker or tips maybe.

i would bet this turn everytime. you probably have the best hand with you flush draw, and that bet on the turn could have won the hand for you (by getting a better K or K4 to fold)

JrJordan
07-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't like the turn bet. With 3 other players in the pot your folding equity is pretty near nil, especially with the 3-straight and flush draws out there. Check and hope button checks through for the free card.

SB's river donk bet makes no sense. I have to imagine a trip 3 would raise the turn, but against a LAP like this a hand read really won't do much. I think you're good over 50% of the time and will see a lower K more often than not. If he 3-bets the raise, I'd probably fold even though I'm getting 13:1 at that point... though in the moment I probably tilt and call.

RunDownHouse
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your folding equity is pretty near nil, especially with the 3-straight and flush draws out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
You saw that Hero has the K-high flush draw, right?

I raise this river, since I can't see anyone with trips or a straight resisting c/r'ing your turn bet. The river lead just smells so much like a king, I think you're good.