PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker has done it again! (Picz included)

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:34 PM
About 2 months ago I decided to spend some of my Party Points. I ordered a cap and some flip flops (or thongs if you prefer). About 4 weeks later (not bad, not bad) they arrived, and of course the hat wasn't even CLOSE to fitting. It just kind of sits on top of my head. Slightly disappointed, I put on my extra large thongs to realize my feet are too big for them. Way too big. I only wear a size 12.5 shoe. WTF?!?!

So I emailed Party Poker, and the first CS representative told me I could either have 2 hats, 2 pairs of thongs, 2 beanies, or a combination of any 2 of those.

I wonder if the beanie would fit me? PFFT!

I responded, wondering if they could do anything better for me, because, you know, I'm a customer! I asked them about freeroll coupons or t-shirts or something. I eventually (a week later) got a response saying that I could get a baseball tee. I was all like "SWEET" and ordered an XL (I wear a size large t-shirt). I figured, well, everything else was small, I might as well get it a size bigger to make sure it fits okay.

Today I received my shirt. The first picture is a normal picture of myself to prove I am not a 300lb gorilla trying to fit into an XL shirt. The shirt I'm wearing is a size large.

The second picture is PG13. Not suitable for children or those with weak stomachs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/xLukeyx/100_0764.jpg

WTF!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/xLukeyx/100_0773.jpg

So what do I do? Send them the picture and show that their merch is just crap and ask them to send me 2 beach towels that I could sew together and use?!

The horror!

xLukex

bandfan
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM
im scarred for life /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

tubalkain
07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
So am I... the SOB can't even spell joke.

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I thought everyone would like the jopke part.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LomU
07-13-2005, 04:42 PM
rofl, had a good laugh..

good value there..

Mister Z
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
What is a Jopke?

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Read the OOT forum moran.

jaym
07-13-2005, 04:46 PM
NH, sir.

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
UPDATE:

I emailed merchandise@partypoker.com and sent them the picture.

TAKE THAT, MORANS!!!

Bradyams
07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
You really should send that picture to Party.

Thanks for the laugh.

Alobar
07-13-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rofl, had a good laugh..

good value there..

[/ QUOTE ]

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really should send that picture to Party.

Thanks for the laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a copy of the email!

"Ok, so awhile back I ordered XL sandals and a hat.

Long story short, neither of them fit.

After some correspondence with the people on your end, they agreed to
send me a shirt. I told them size XL since I normally wear a large and
I didn't want to risk it not fitting again.

Well, I received it today, and I feel ridiculous.

I have taken a picture and hosted it just to show I am not making this up.

The tag on the shirt does indeed say XL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/xLukeyx/100_0773.jpg

I'm just in shock! I hope you get at least a little humor out of it.

Luke Staudenmaier
*account name*"

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 04:55 PM
well done. when you get the 2 beach towels sewed together you definitely have to send a picture to party of you having the towel wrapped around your hips with your junk hanging out as you get out of the shower.

xLukex
07-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I could always cover my junk with a sock that has MORANS written down it.

SCfuji
07-13-2005, 05:02 PM
xenadrine.

tinga81
07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Too funny, I wonder what the CS is going to think when they see that shot.

I ordered a hoodie from Party, it didn't take but a week to get here (hell, I forget even ordering it). I figured that a problem like the one you experienced was going to happen, so I went for one size bigger (I am XL, and got XXL). Good thing I did, because it fits pretty damn well (this might change after it gets washed). Sorry it worked out for the worse on your end.

Please, post an update if Party gets back to you.

AsiaKurosawa
07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought everyone would like the jopke part.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it /images/graemlins/smile.gif (http://www.livejournal.com/users/extempore/90537.html)

Thanks for the giggle.

dedmoney
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
well, PP is based in the UK/Europe, aren't the euros for the most part smaller in stature than the US? Not trying to be funny here, it's just most of my european friends have always been shorter and had smaller frames than the avg american.

jman220
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, PP is based in the UK/Europe, aren't the euros for the most part smaller in stature than the US? Not trying to be funny here, it's just most of my european friends have always been shorter and had smaller frames than the avg american.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is very true, Americans are ridiculously overweight in comparison to the rest of the world. And taller. European sizes are much smaller.

tubalkain
07-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I didn't know. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

theben
07-13-2005, 10:18 PM
i ordered a L polo from PP and they sent me an XXL in the wrong color, lol

so i told them and they sent me the correct thing. the L polo i got is absolutely gigantic

recoil
07-13-2005, 10:38 PM
"PartyPoker.com: The World's Largest Poker Room"

"PartyPoker.com: The World's Smallest Clothing Apparel"

recoil
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes this is very true, Americans are ridiculously overweight in comparison to the rest of the world. And taller. European sizes are much smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same holds true for the size of our penises. Ridiculously larger than the rest of the world...

KingMedicine
07-13-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same holds true for the size of our penises. Ridiculously larger than the rest of the world...

[/ QUOTE ]

well put

Snow
07-14-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply1:
The same goes for your egos...

Reply2:
Too bad the size of the penis is conversely proportional to the size of your brain... and yeah, i have a small penis /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flame away!
Regards
Snow

TheHammer24
07-14-2005, 01:00 AM
ROFL

BruinEric
07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
The baseball tee I got this week is an XL with a grey center and is sized equivalently to the typical Hanes XL.

My Party Hawaiian Polo is a large and is larger than typical for the style. DO NOT ORDER THIS ONE SIZE LARGER or you can use it as a tent.

uuDevil
07-14-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The baseball tee I got this week is an XL with a grey center and is sized equivalently to the typical Hanes XL.

My Party Hawaiian Polo is a large and is larger than typical for the style. DO NOT ORDER THIS ONE SIZE LARGER or you can use it as a tent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to throw off everyone's calculations, I normally wear large-sized shirts, but the large-size polo shirt was huge on me, so I gave it to a friend. I ordered a medium, which fits ok, though still a little big. Maybe the tags are randomly attached to different sized shirts.

M Tal
07-14-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the tags are randomly attached to different sized shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

Python49
07-14-2005, 04:46 AM
See this just proves furthermore that party poker is rigged!!!! (sarcasm)

mackthefork
07-14-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding, we're taller, but we don't eat all the [censored] Big Macs you guys do. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mack

csuf_gambler
07-14-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to throw off everyone's calculations, I normally wear large-sized shirts, but the large-size polo shirt was huge on me, so I gave it to a friend. I ordered a medium, which fits ok, though still a little big. Maybe the tags are randomly attached to different sized shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm i ordered a medium polo awhile ago. medium is the smallest size they have. i hope it fits me.

TomBrooks
07-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Make your bed.

HesseJam
07-14-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I wanted to be on the safe side and ordered XL (I have between M and L). It IS a tent! Turned it into a gift to my Mother in Law. She likes it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ds914
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm tempted to use this as my new avatar. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for sharing, dude. You just made my morning!

Morpheus
07-14-2005, 10:16 AM
I just ordered the hooded sweatshirt. I got it in XXL . I'm 5'9" and 200lbs. Do you think I chose the right one ?

poker-penguin
07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
More importantly, how the **** are you 5 foot 9 and 200lbs?

I'm 6 inches taller than you and about the same weight (and I'm solidly built, plus a layer of hibernation fuel).

Or did I just miss sarcasm because I'm hungover?

xLukex
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
No response yet! I will keep you all updated.

And by the way, I'm 6'1" and that shirt is above my bellybutton.

xLukex
07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Ok, final update.

Party Poker gave me $20, no questions asked.

And I have an account-specific bonus now pending!

BINGO BANGO BONGO!

IggyWH
07-14-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(or thongs if you prefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord... since you only live 5 minutes away I hope I don't ever run into you wearing a Party Poker thong /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

xLukex
07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(or thongs if you prefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord... since you only live 5 minutes away I hope I don't ever run into you wearing a Party Poker thong /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you?

IggyWH
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I asked you before where you live and you said Brentwood and I live in Castle Shannon.

DeuceKicker
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Your grandmother just called. She wants her ceiling fan back.

xLukex
07-14-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I asked you before where you live and you said Brentwood and I live in Castle Shannon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh we should hook up and play some time or something, unless you're a creepy 30 year old.

xLukex
07-14-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your grandmother just called. She wants her ceiling fan back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not my room!

DeuceKicker
07-14-2005, 06:02 PM
OK, you're excused.

I did think "JOPKE" was a nice touch.

xLukex
07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok, I got a creepy phone call and an email!

The creepy phone call was received by pops and whoever the guy was on the phone he told my dad he liked my post. CREEP.

The email was AWESOME!

"Dear Luke,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

This is email is to offer my sincerest apologies for my oversight in relation to ordering your merchandise. I would like to reorder the merchandise for you again and I will also put in some extra items too by way of apology.

This was an oversight of mine and once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Have a great day!

Catriona Byrne
Customer Care Team"

BOOYAH!

boose_bagina
07-15-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
does this correlate with the jopkes? I'm to lazy to read anything at the said forum, or even the rest of this thread, so this might already be covered and a moot point...but I fear you might be stupid.

iluzion
07-15-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
does this correlate with the jopkes? I'm to lazy to read anything at the said forum, or even the rest of this thread, so this might already be covered and a moot point...but I fear you might be stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

We fear you are lazy, which leads to stupidity.

boose_bagina
07-15-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We fear you are lazy, which leads to stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
you got me there, i take after this guy http://www.dascha.at/lazypolarbear.wmv

SteamingFish
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you got me there, i take after this guy http://www.dascha.at/lazypolarbear.wmv

[/ QUOTE ]
That's awesome, reminds me of my boss.

Anybody know if Absolute also uses the smaller European scale for shirt size? I can finally get my first t-shirt!

boose_bagina
07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That's awesome, reminds me of my boss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is your boss a polar bear?

07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
the things you got were free, what do you want, your money back. I sure they dont care about how well the clothes fit, they are free.

xLukex
07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the things you got were free, what do you want, your money back. I sure they dont care about how well the clothes fit, they are free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, considering how much in rake they've made off of me, I should care that the clothes fit.

Jerkoff.

boose_bagina
07-20-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jerkoff.

[/ QUOTE ]
woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah...woah...woah...woah
...lois this is not my batman glass

...and was the jerkoff necessary?