PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting up 2nd monitor

DMACM
07-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I have added another video card to my computer to run dual monitors. This has worked satisfactorily except that after about 10 minutes running 2 monitors my whole computer freezes up. Is this a video card problem? Thanks

gusser
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I'd suggest making sure you have the most up to date drivers for both cards.

gus

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 04:29 PM
deleted

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have added another video card to my computer to run dual monitors. This has worked satisfactorily except that after about 10 minutes running 2 monitors my whole computer freezes up. Is this a video card problem? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it always the same thing, starting computer, play around for 10 minutes, then freeze?

DMACM
07-13-2005, 04:47 PM
yes that is always the problem, i just updated the drivers and now the 2nd monitor refreshing at an extreamely slow rate. We will see if it locks up.

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes that is always the problem, i just updated the drivers and now the 2nd monitor refreshing at an extreamely slow rate. We will see if it locks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have correct drivers it should not allow you to set wrong update speed (unless you override them). There is a chance that it might be alot of dust in the gpu cooler, making cooling insufficiant for dual montiors. Check that out. Some peoples gpu coolers are actually so clogged with dust that they stoped running, and unless they push the gpu hard (like dual montoring) they simply wont notice it.

DMACM
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Ya its pretty dusty, I leave the side off, you mean the case fan right?

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
No the one on the graphics card (unless its fanless ofcource).