PDA

View Full Version : What is the best price-is-no-object laptop for poker?

Derek in NYC
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I own a Thinkpad T42P and dont like it. Im thinking Dell. What is the price-is-no-object laptop best suited to multitabling poker?

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 04:30 PM
this (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iXPS2S1&s=dhs)?

If I would want a dell for multitable and money is no object, I would pick that one. It is also customizable while you are at it. Upgrading to 1gb ram and 100gb disk is not a bad thing. Not needed but fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gusser
07-13-2005, 04:34 PM
What is it about your current laptop that you dislike? I used to multitable on my laptop that had a touchpad and it was just too much of a pain. I don't think a nipple would be much better so if i had to do it again i'd get one of those micro optical mouses. If screen size is your issue just get whatever has a big enough res with no overlap. FWIW i've only heard good things about the dependability and good construction of IBM's laptops.

gus

Derek in NYC
07-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Your link is broken. Please tell me the model number.

Derek in NYC
07-13-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW i've only heard good things about the dependability and good construction of IBM's laptops

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had to send my T42P back to the depot 3 times in 7 months for a blown USB controller board, a blown Bluetooth board, and a loose LCD connection causing the screen to flicker when moved.

Additionally, I have a periodic bug that causes the system to freeze up (Alt-Ctrl-Del doesnt work, must hold down power button to turn off or sometimes, remove the battery). I cannot isolate whether this is a software or a hardware problem, so I can't send it back for repairs.

Finally, I made the error of getting the 14" screen, which is great for portability, but lousy for avoiding overlap.

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Its their top of the line "Inspiron XPS Gen 2". Go to notebooks then build you own, and then pick the one to the left.

BusterStacks
07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Sony A-Series with warranty. If I had money to waste I would get this piece of crap and insure it against breaking (because they always do). Otherwise, it's Dell.