PDA

View Full Version : Can I please suck anymore? Thanks

baronzeus
07-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Checking this river was retarded, right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

brettbrettr
07-13-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. (Ease up on the hand posts, please.)

dealer_toe
07-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I puke, then bet, then puke again when he calls w/ Q high.

I had a similar situation where I had 77. I checked it through and took down the pot w/ my 7 kicker. But the read I had on the guy was, he was not folding if.

Against an unknown, I'm betting.

baronzeus
07-13-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 posts a day is well within the boundaries of what is acceptable. Thanks for your input though.

shant
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
A read on this guy would help, but most of the time I bet because I can't win by checking.

brettbrettr
07-13-2005, 03:34 PM
It was just the all at once aspect that got me...

baronzeus
07-13-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was just the all at once aspect that got me...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to hear that.

baronzeus
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A read on this guy would help, but most of the time I bet because I can't win by checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was TAGish, he bet into me on the flop with AJ...I'm not sure if he would have called or folded but he only has to fold ~ 15% of the time right?

crunchy1
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
3 posts a day is well within the boundaries of what is acceptable. Thanks for your input though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. However, 3 posts in 3 minutes is a little obnoxious.

baronzeus
07-13-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, brett, for hijacking my thread. I obviously just finished a session and was reviewing my hands. I honestly want opinions on how often an opponent with an A will fold here.

brettbrettr
07-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Don't be so sensistive. I'm well within my rights to say, hey, ease up on the posts. If you want to end the hijack then stop responding.

As for your real question, must bet.

DMBFan23
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly want opinions on how often an opponent with an A will fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

very rarely I find, but he will fold lots of better hands to your 66

crunchy1
07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He was TAGish, he bet into me on the flop with AJ...I'm not sure if he would have called or folded but he only has to fold ~ 15% of the time right?

[/ QUOTE ]
What was UTG? I wouldn't consider MP very "TAG-ish" anymore after he limps behind one EP limper with AJ?

lil feller
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet here is a must. Your correct, it doesn't need to work all that often, but even if it doesn't it can't hurt your shania, as a bet here will often be misinterpreted as foolish.

lf

BWebb
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, brett, for hijacking my thread. I obviously just finished a session and was reviewing my hands. I honestly want opinions on how often an opponent with an A will fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't, but K, Q, and J's will. Can't win by checking and with 6.5 bbs in the pot, you only need to be good here 1 time out of 7.

Pocket77s
07-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, you gotta bet here. He may have called down with A5 and hoping to spike trips. At least if you bet he may fold for 6BB but you know people don't fold in small stakes game. Either way you saved a bet by checking, but it could have also cost you the pot if it wasn't a push./images/graemlins/spade.gif

DavidC
07-14-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 is better.

And I've broken this rule like 100 times, so don't sweat it.

I don't know... if this guy is going to call with something horrible, then don't bet. If he'll fold a high card (k or a) then bet.

Of course, double-pair boards probably don't come up very often, and unless it's a live game, he can't show his folds... so, you're kinda on your own there.

I don't know if I have the balls to bet this river, but it's probably right against fairly decent opposition.

(and they're right about the 2 hands per day thing... if you want to write a few hands and a concept post, that's great too).

--Dave.

DavidC
07-14-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. No, it's not.

Edit: okay, I just want to point out (before getting flamed) that I didn't use common sense. You said "three posts", but if you meant "starting three new threads", then you're right. Otherwise you're wrong, in my less-than-humble opinion.

TimM
07-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Once I bet in a similar situation, and got called by 44.