PDA

View Full Version : poker theory question

sng-sam
07-13-2005, 03:12 PM
I am often at tables both stt and mtt that have 1-3 massive chip leaders who wield their stack well and in so doing ..every pot starts with a 3-5x BB raise in this case are we not at least in theory playing in a game with 3 blinds small big and the obligatory raise? should I then change my calling raising and folding requirements to reflect the new math?

I suspect that since I'm only FORCED to pay the SB and BB that the answer is no but I am also FORCED to enter pots with only premium hands or risk bleeding chips when I don't hit the flop therefore I will not pick up as many blinds as normal stealing would allow. I'm sure many ressponses will deal specifically with Party STTs but many of you may have experienced this elsewhere. All opinions are welcome.

SAM

citanul
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
if you suspect that you are playing against someone who is opening far too much, it is often imperitive to play back at them before you believe your folding equity against that player disappears. especially since you are not going to be the first to enter a pot basically ever.

citanul