PDA

View Full Version : Why do I suck????

Moles_Knows
07-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I am at a loss as to why I am losing money. I am a TA-A by Bison's rules and my stats are as follows. Where should I be looking for leaks? Actually they must be rivers in my case

Total Hands: 6,728
VPIP: 22
PF Raise: 9
BB/100: Drum roll please -1

McGahee
07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more hands.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play fewer hands.

Moles_Knows
07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I have over 20,000 played in the last month that is just a filtered set removing all the short handed games in which I am actually winning money. I just lose money with 7-10 players. The last couple of thousand hands I am arounf 17% pre flop but I am only breaking even in my play.

cdxx
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
depending on the limit you play, that's only a $67 or maybe $130 (worst case $250) downswing. it COULD be a downswing. i've lost $100 in just 150 hands because of bad cards. bison's rules are not everything btw. you might want to check that your W$SD is at least 50% (if it's not you are calling down or slow playing way too much, so tighten up your turn and river play), and your WtSD is not more than 40%, as that's a sign of the same thing. your PFR is pretty good, but in my experience if you have a premium hand, you better raise, 3-bet and cap with it, rather than raise-call. many people boast 8+ PFR but they are not extracting everything from AA,KK,QQ,AKs pre-flop.

one more thing that helped me when i posted stats on this forum, cold-calling is the devil. stop cold-calling with drawing hands. it's responsible for at least .5 BB/100 at 1/2 or 2/4.

Octopus
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
What he is saying is that 2,000 or 6,700 or even 20,000 hands is nothing when estimating win rate. You statisitcs lead me to believe that your true win rate is probably (95% confidence) between 3BB/100 and -5BB/100. In other words, I have no idea what your true win rate is, or even if it is positive or negative.

Put another way: 67BB swings are extremely common. Tomorrow you could completely make up that downswing and be even for 7,000 hands. And it still wouldn't mean anything. I am not saying that you shouldn't be concerned about your game; I'm just saying that these stats shouldn't really make you any more concerned.

GrunchCan
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Start responding to many threads by giving your advice. We'll find your leaks.

Hellmouth
07-13-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am at a loss as to why I am losing money. I am a TA-A by Bison's rules and my stats are as follows. Where should I be looking for leaks? Actually they must be rivers in my case

PF Raise: 9
BB/100: Drum roll please -1

[/ QUOTE ]

Get that VPIP down below 20 and you will be a TAA. Right now you are a slightly loose agressive agressive.

Greg

davelin
07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm 99% certain that your VPIP isn't the main culprit in your play.

Moles_Knows
07-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't think I am playing too many hands preflop or even playing them out of position I used to play strictly using SSHE guide. As mentioned above this is just a filtered subset of about 22,000 hands I have played. Getting rid of the short handed and Kill games in which I am fairly profitable. I think my leahs are in my flop play even though my went to showdown is 30 and my won at showdown is about 55

ReptileHouse
07-13-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one more thing that helped me when i posted stats on this forum, cold-calling is the devil. stop cold-calling with drawing hands. it's responsible for at least .5 BB/100 at 1/2 or 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can ever convince myself of this enough to actually do it consistently, it'll improve my game hugely. I know it's the right thing to do, but I still find myself doing otherwise.

TripleH68
07-13-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I am playing too many hands preflop or even playing them out of position I used to play strictly using SSHE guide. As mentioned above this is just a filtered subset of about 22,000 hands I have played. Getting rid of the short handed and Kill games in which I am fairly profitable. I think my leahs are in my flop play even though my went to showdown is 30 and my won at showdown is about 55

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way anyone can answer this question with the information you have provided.

Like all the books say about limit hold'em...playing well preflop is pretty easy. There are many players who do alright preflop, then suck suck suck postflop. The only way to get better is to zero in on the parts of the game you are struggling with and get to work...

Moles_Knows
07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
That's my point, I know something is wrong I am just trying to find it I am looking for the means to zero in on my game in order to see where I am struggling. How do I find leaks?

GrunchCan
07-13-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's my point, I know something is wrong I am just trying to find it I am looking for the means to zero in on my game in order to see where I am struggling. How do I find leaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

By posting your advice to other people's threads.

Seriously.

TripleH68
07-13-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By posting your advice to other people's threads.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good advice.