PDA

View Full Version : TPWK faces aggression

Alpha13
07-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Both villians are unknown, is this a standard check/call after the flop raise?

Thanks

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks

Final Pot: 5 BB

ChewyMint
07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I think my line from there would be to check raise the turn, and fold to a 3 bet. If you're called on the turn, check/call the river for 1 bet.

Chewy

brettbrettr
07-13-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty good to me. I think my line from there would be to check raise the turn, and fold to a 3 bet. If you're called on the turn, check/call the river for 1 bet.

Chewy

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is terrible. Loses too much when you're behind and wins too little when your opponent folds.

This pot is tiny and this board is fairly drawless. I think I'm just folding to the flop raise.

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
theres no draws out there. if there wasnt a coldcaller i would call down depending on the villain, but since there is a coldcaller youre ahead here almost never. fold the flop, or take one off and fold the turn.

Alpha13
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I think I agree with folding the flop or turn becaus of the caller. Here is where it gets strange. Now we know MP1 is some sort of trickster, is the river bet standard? Call his raise if MP2 cold calls again?

Thanks

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

Final Pot: 12 BB

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 04:22 PM
yes call. its too likely that its a split pot now and one of them could easily have a queen the way the turn action went. the flop coldcaller doesnt have you beat unless hes just ridiculously passive with AK, or he played QT horrendously.

ChewyMint
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes call. its too likely that its a split pot now and one of them could easily have a queen the way the turn action went. the flop coldcaller doesnt have you beat unless hes just ridiculously passive with AK, or he played QT horrendously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Argus
07-13-2005, 11:09 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
theres no draws out there. if there wasnt a coldcaller i would call down depending on the villain, but since there is a coldcaller youre ahead here almost never. fold the flop, or take one off and fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like folding the flop. Against a better ace you are getting 9:1 with 3 outs to make two pair plus hidden outs to chop the pot. I'd call and fold UI on the turn, except that the turn got checked through. Against a tricky opponent I'd call down HU, but with the coldcaller I agree the turn is check/fold. After that I can't see any reason not to take the hand to showdown, especially when the board pairs tens. You don't lose, it's only a matter of whether you chop.