PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage Companies

this guy
07-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't know if this is true, but it seems like mortgage companies are doing really well right now in California (I work in property management, and we've been getting a lot of mortgage companies coming in/expanding/doing well) and I was wondering if anyone here is in the mortgage business and has any info on how to get into it (get a job, start a company, etc.).

chaas4747
07-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I have very close friends in this business, and it is pretty cut throat (as are most sales type jobs). First off you are probably going to be working on commission, with very few benefits. You can make a lot of money over a short amount of time, but it is dependant on "who you know" and the leads that are given to you.
A ton of the success over the past year has been the result of refinancing for a lower interest rate. When I speak with my friends, they seem to think all of the people who are going to refinance have done so, and this market will not be as big as in the past couple years.
If you really want to do this contact a brokerage firm, it is like other sales jobs in that if you want to come to work, they will probably let you, if you don't produce they are not losing any money on you.

Good luck