PDA

View Full Version : AA

bluewilde
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Right, two quick hands to consider. Both are 11s level 1, 10-handed generally even stacks.

In the first I'm in mid-position, there's 2 limpers and I raise to 80. Everyone folds but one limper who calls. Flop is 7 high, 2 hearts 1 diamond. Limper checks I bet half the pot, limper calls. Turn is another low heart, limper checks, I bet half the pot (I do not have the A of hearts), and limper pushes for his last 300 chips. I call.

I'm pretty sure the problem here is not betting enough. I wanted the guy to call so I underbet the pot. Pot-sized next time? Same for the Turn?

Hand two, I'm in middle position, it's folded to me and I raise 90. Everyone folds. Is this too big a raise?

I'm pretty sure both of these are poorly played, but didn't want to ask a general "how do I play aces" question. Thanks!

kyro
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I can't tell what happened in Hand 1. You say 7 high 2 hearts 2 diamonds? Was it 722r with a heart and diamond? Or were there 2 diamonds and 1 heart? I confused.

Hand 2. At the 11s I'd raise it 4BB early on. So I make it 60 expecting a caller or two a good percent of the time.

bluewilde
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
sorry, two hearts and a diamond. Turn is the third heart. Should be fixed now. My bad.