PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Ace with weak kicker vs. LAG

ChicagoTroy
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Couldn't figure out where the hell I was in this hand. Villain is pretty damn aggressive and may be trying to isolate the PF limper.

Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, Villain Raises, CO cold calls, button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, UTG checks Villain bets, CO calls, Hero checkraises, UTG folds, Villain 3-bets, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn is 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks Villain bets, CO calls, Hero calls.

River A/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check intending to call, thinking I am either a) still behind with my kicker or b) gave too much credit to flop aggression, and nobody without an ace will likely call anyway if I bet out.

Curious in particular about the flop and turn play.

Also, is Bison's hand converter not working? When I copy and paste hands in, it doesn't convert, but I see others posting in obvious converted hand format.

TIA

TheRapist99
07-13-2005, 01:05 PM
I made the changes the converter needed and posted em on my server at
http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

ChicagoTroy
07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
That's where I was looking. I inputed the entire hand history, starting with:

***** Hand History for Game 2353415472 *****
10/20 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) - Tue Jul 12 19:44:04 EDT 2005

And this was the output:

( handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Final Pot:

dave44
07-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I would've folded preflop here. A limper, a raise, and a coldcaller should mean I'm dominated far too often.

This board is fairly ragged besides that ace, so after villain bets and CO calls, I don't like a raise much. I'd rather just call the flop and take it from there.

ChicagoTroy
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Villain has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif and my hand is quite good. He hadn't made any plays previous to indicate he was this nutty. Could be due to a couple folds I'd made eariler and he was taking a shot at me. Other two were idiots, so I guess there were four of us...