PDA

View Full Version : pay pro, this ever happen to anyone else?

Alobar
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I get an email from pay pro this morning saying my account has been temporarily suspended due to a security concern and the fact they havent been able to contact me via the telephone number they have on file. Which is total BS because I've had the same phone number for 3 years and its the only one they have on file.

Anyway, so I call them up and they procede to ask me a bunch of wierd questions about names of people who are only all connected to me by the fact I signed them up to empire under my affiliate account.

Then the guy thanks me for my patience and says they are reinstating my account, and then tells me about how I should become a pay pro preffered memeber so I dont have to deal with these concersns in the future. I tell him I already am a prefered memeber, and he goes "oh uhm, yes I see that is correct" Then I ask him if he wouldnt like to update my phone number since the email I recieved said they didnt have it, and again he says"oh uhm, yes I se that is correct" and I give him the number. Then I ask what number they had on file and he gives the same number back to me.

weird.

crunchy1
07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
When you called them back this morning - did you call them using a number specified in the e-mail you recieved?

imported_CaseClosed326
07-13-2005, 03:26 PM
They did this to me twice, first time I was scared. Second time I was pretty annoyed.

jaym
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I had all of my skin accounts suspended a month ago for some cryptic "security concern" as well. I was only interested in logging onto my EP account at the time and since it goes to another email address, it was the only one that I was aware of that was suspended.

I make the call and they claimed I was sharing passwords. I assured them this was not the case and after verifying my address and a couple of other details, my account was opened.

About 4 days later, I notice that my Party account was suspended while trying to log on. I then checked my Multi account and got the same message. I checked the email for Party and Multi accounts and found the same "we can't get ahold of you, so please call to unlock" note. I wasn't interested in playing either of those accounts at the time and neither had money, so I didn't bother calling.

Today, a nice lady from Party called to remind me that my account was closed and wanted to clarify a few details. I confirmed address, phone, DOB with her and my account was opened. I then got the same schpiel about becoming a preferred member, which I currently am not, and that was it.

I'm still curious to see if my Multi account is locked when I get home. There is some funky stuff going on with Party/Skins security. (note: this is not a sky is falling tale, just passing along similar experiences)