PDA

View Full Version : 2/4, 33, against SL/A-A

iluzion
07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Seeing as I am now heads up with someone who would be very likely to bet with any T, KQ, AK, AQ, or even an underpair like mine, I need to reaise to see where I am, since I may be ahead. Is that a bad move?

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>?

When checked to on the turn after that, I have to bet, right?

EvanJC
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
i really don't like the flop raise. SB already got it heads up for you. do you plan to fold when you get 3bet?

Nick C
07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
You really are facing some pretty bad reverse implied odds on the flop. (Against some hands you're currently beating, such as AT, you aren't even a favorite.) I'd probably just fold and move on to the next hand.

But the pot's not empty. And if you're going to play, raising does give you some chance of folding out a hand like AK on the turn and also hands like 66-44. As far as finding out where you're at goes, though -- well, that may not happen until you get checkraised on the turn.

I do think you need to bet the turn. If you're ahead, Villain most likely has 12-20 outs against you. So you should bet for that reason first of all. But, also, if Villain has a hand like KQ, he won't know the nines and Jacks are outs for him, and betting now will add some credibility to a river bluff, if you end up getting counterfeited.