PDA

View Full Version : which of the pokersites celeb teams did best?

PokerPaul
07-13-2005, 12:38 PM
POkerstars

MM and MacEvoy out early, but Raymer doing amazing (until late yesterday)

FullTilt
Ivey doing great, Lederer made it to money, Juanda doing well, rest non-factors.

Ultimate Bet
Bunch of 1 day exits....except i think russ hamilton if you want to count him.

Pokerchamps

Hansen down and out

Bodog

Not sure, all i know is D williams went out early.

So all in all full tilt seems to have the most impact, although they also send the biggest field of pros.

TheMainEvent
07-13-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey doing great, Lederer made it to money, Juanda doing well, rest non-factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if Matusow is officially on the full tilt "team", but he is associated with the site and most importantly, he wears their logo.

PokerPaul
07-13-2005, 12:45 PM
why would any business want matusow as their spokesperson?? A convicted drug dealing criminal, and pompous jerk.

BeatOnRiver
07-13-2005, 12:51 PM
matusow won his seat on ps

Rekwob
07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
and an awesome poker player and one of the most instantly recognisable and memorable faces and voices in poker. how many of espns viewers are going to be aware of his past?

Hold'me
07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
PokerPaul why you hating?

drewjustdrew
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and an awesome poker player and one of the most instantly recognisable and memorable faces and voices in poker. how many of espns viewers are going to be aware of his past?

[/ QUOTE ]

More important than the past questionable incident, they see his constant annoying antics. Not something a company would want to hang their hat on. Who wants to play at the site where the jerks play?

PokerPaul
07-13-2005, 02:16 PM
i am not hating.

i do think he is somewhat of a jerk, and i don't think i'm way off for thinking that given his behaviour, but some like him.

NickPoker
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
That's pretty easy, he will get a lot of TV time on any tourny that he is doing decent in.

sekrah
07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Matusow may have had problems with drugs.. But he's VERY WELL RESPECTED in the Poker Community.

He has very few enemies except with people who don't know him.

Phill S
07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Define the poker community. Is that the pros, or the nobodies like you, me and everyone else on this forum. Cos most people on here certainly dont like him. And judging from how much crap he gets in the chat whilst playing im sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

Phill

JJJ88
07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
It seems to me FullTilt has the most famous pros

BlackAces
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if Matusow is officially on the full tilt "team", but he is associated with the site and most importantly, he wears their logo.

[/ QUOTE ]
They also have Clonie Gowen and Layne Flack, who both cashed.

Full Tilt has easily been the best in the main event.

billyb
07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am not hating.

i do think he is somewhat of a jerk, and i don't think i'm way off for thinking that given his behaviour, but some like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually met him for a few minutes at the FHM party.
he was real nice came over introduced himself to everyone in the group.
I thought he was a jerk but he seemed like a nice guy.
I think they can make you look how they want on tv.
everyone says josh arieh is a nice guy but he sure didnt come off that way on tv.

peace
billyb

Sponger15SB
07-14-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would any business want matusow as their spokesperson?? A convicted drug dealing criminal, and pompous jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reason why their are tons of drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters, etc. getting endorsements in the major sports leagues...

THEY STILL SELL PRODUCTS.