PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Fun

skipperbob
07-13-2005, 12:27 PM
O.K. Citanul, now you have SFB to deal with /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gifI'm just tuning up to answer Derek132760 with the "You better hope that Citanul is in a Good Mood" post when I find that I can't type anything in response....If I can't flame the noobs??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif"WHERE'S THE FUN" /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

citanul
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
yeah, i've been thinking about this a bunch lately. i mean, i think there's more people than just me who derive a good amount of their pleasure in this forum from flaming the idiots who say things like "is there like, an FAQ for this forum I can find?" and so the locking thing, while good for my sanity and the cleanliness of the forum, probably does detract from the overall fun level. =( i guess for the moment it comes down to beating me to an idiotic thread, or to finding the idiots in established threads. as you can tell from my response to that Derek, i was in an "i dunno how bad a mood i'm in yet" kinda mood.

but rest assured, there's plenty of people saying things like "well, there's lots of money to be made unexperiencedly, unlicencedly, without a brokerly, and on short bankroll, jumping into one of the most dangerous and fluctuating market instruments in the world. buy buy buy, nothing ever goes down. the market is predictable!!!"

citanul

Phill S
07-13-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"well, there's lots of money to be made unexperiencedly, unlicencedly, without a brokerly, and on short bankroll, jumping into one of the most dangerous and fluctuating market instruments in the world. buy buy buy, nothing ever goes down. the market is predictable!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I look forward to my first citanul flaming for my post in the moving up to the 20s thread.

Phill
ps, locking threads that are stupid is good. Youve done a great job so far as mod, keep up the good work

gumpzilla
07-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Personally, I think less flaming is good. Occasionally something witty pops out of a flame, but usually it just degenerates into boring, lame insults and dick-waving and makes everybody involved seem a little dumber, in my opinion.

citanul
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
you mean like this?

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Big Limpin'
07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Personally, I think flaming is great. Often something witty pops out of a flame, which makes my day. Often, it contains witty banter and titty-bouncing and makes everybody involved seem a little happier, in my opinion.

BL'

Mr_Gordon
07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think flaming is great. Often something witty pops out of a flame, which makes my day. Often, it contains witty banter and titty-bouncing and makes everybody involved seem a little happier, in my opinion.

BL'

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

gildwulf
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BL'

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget dancing, somersaulting bears.

Freudian
07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think less flaming is good. Occasionally something witty pops out of a flame, but usually it just degenerates into boring, lame insults and dick-waving and makes everybody involved seem a little dumber, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mostly that after the first stone is thrown, every stone after that has diminishing value.

So while I understand that the regulars are eager to get in on the fun, I don't think it is a particularly good idea to alienate new posters by ganging up on them.

11t
07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I love waving my dick /images/graemlins/frown.gif

citanul
07-13-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mostly that after the first stone is thrown, every stone after that has diminishing value.

So while I understand that the regulars are eager to get in on the fun, I don't think it is a particularly good idea to alienate new posters by ganging up on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why it's like a race. now, don't forget, there is a function that decreases awesomeness with each flame. so, if you're second there, but your flame is really good, it's still better than a quick bad one.

citanul

gumpzilla
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess the occasional "Is my 46% ROI after 12 games sustainable?" posters are doing the community a service, then.

Also, the frequency with which something funny is produced is pretty low, unless "you suck at life", "you make the baby jesus cry", and "moran" are still new and exciting to you. Or maybe I just have high standards.

citanul
07-13-2005, 03:21 PM
oh, pleased to let me be clear. threads of the nature "is my x sustainable" will be pointed towards the faq and locked, or a PM sent to the poster and then deleted.

Daliman
07-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Moderating, Bitch!

Apathy
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Now since this forum is so well moderated a rejected citanul has to do all his flaming in OOT after cleaning this place up. He's had a few dandys there recently.

citanul
07-13-2005, 04:25 PM
But Dynasty totally deleted my "Which 2 poker pros would you most want to have a 3some with?" thread in WPT. lame.

citanul

skipperbob
07-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Give a Man a Fish; You feed him for a day /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Teach a Man to date whacked-out alcoholic female poker players and you can get him laid numerous times over a thirteen year period of time /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuitedSixes
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Dynasty totally deleted my "Which 2 poker pros would you most want to have a 3some with?" thread in WPT. lame.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I am SO sad I missed that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif