PDA

View Full Version : Matusow Meltdown

ZootMurph
07-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone would care to speculate when this will happen?

Also, is Vegas giving odds?

That guy
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I would love to see his reaction on a runner-runner loser...

meltdown will happen regardless... tears will be shed.

illini43
07-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm just waiting for Raymer and Matusow to get placed at the same table...preferably the ESPN featured table.

benfranklin
07-13-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone would care to speculate when this will happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing tomorrow night when they get down to 10 players at the last table, and play until there are 9 left for Friday. Motormouth out on the bubble.

Sightless
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see his reaction on a runner-runner loser...

meltdown will happen regardless... tears will be shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that would be fun to watch

benfranklin
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... tears will be shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no crying in poker /images/graemlins/mad.gif

eclinchy
07-13-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just waiting for Raymer and Matusow to get placed at the same table...preferably the ESPN featured table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, no worries... if those two are at the same table, it'll be the featured one.

InAPipeDream
07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Historically though, it appears to be acceptable if you're Mike Matusow. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MJC1977
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey Folks,

A few days ago they played together briefly, but then the tourney broke.

Check out Cardplayer for specifics.

Brad22
07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Let's say tables shifted and Raymer and Matusow are placed at the same table. It's obvious to ESPN that people wanna see it. Do they just immediately replace the feature table with Raymer, Matusow, and the 8 others? Does Harrah's have any say, or would they not care?

newfant
07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Matusow will wipe the floor with the wannabe's this year. He's focussed and playing poker on a level that has heretofore not been seen.

Tapin
07-13-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd imagine this is as good a test as any:

[ QUOTE ]
Burt Rice doubles through Mike Matusow
On a flop of [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif][K/images/graemlins/spade.gif][J/images/graemlins/heart.gif] Mike Matusow pushed in and was called by Burt Rice. The players turned up:

Mike Matusow [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif][6/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Burt Rice [J/images/graemlins/club.gif][Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]

The turn came [4/images/graemlins/club.gif] and the river came [9/images/graemlins/club.gif]. Neither a help to Matusow who was down to 3 million in chips. Burt Rice doubled to 2 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty
07-13-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine this is as good a test as any:

[ QUOTE ]
Burt Rice doubles through Mike Matusow
On a flop of [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif][K/images/graemlins/spade.gif][J/images/graemlins/heart.gif] Mike Matusow pushed in and was called by Burt Rice. The players turned up:

Mike Matusow [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif][6/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Burt Rice [J/images/graemlins/club.gif][Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]

The turn came [4/images/graemlins/club.gif] and the river came [9/images/graemlins/club.gif]. Neither a help to Matusow who was down to 3 million in chips. Burt Rice doubled to 2 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a meltdown. Matusow aggressively played his big stack with the nut flush draw and Ace overcard. He simply got picked off by middle pair.

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 10:24 PM
someone else told me this was a meltdown too. just because a guy loses a pot doesnt mean its a meltdown. what do you expect him to never hit a bump?

i still hate matusow btw.

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 10:35 PM
ps the guy has worked himself back up to 3.5 million in chips (apparently).

Tapin
07-13-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a meltdown. Matusow aggressively played his big stack with the nut flush draw and Ace overcard. He simply got picked off by middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I mentioned it was a "good test". He lost a hand that he had a lot of chips invested in. When that happens late in a tournament (from what I've seen), he tends to compound the loss by going on mega-tilt and throwing chips away on mistake after mistake, even though the original play is rarely a mistake.

As it turns out, it looks like he's back up a few 100k chips since then, so it appears he didn't melt down this time around. Good for him.

Dan Mezick
07-13-2005, 11:21 PM
A Raymer-prompted Matusow meltdown makes great poker TV. I thinking seeing that on TV would be really great.

toddshrop
07-14-2005, 12:17 AM
According to the interviews at cardplayer Mike said he wasnt getting any hands yesterday and basically was forced to try and outplay or buy pots. Im thinking if he was gonna blow up it would have been in this critical round where accumulating chips is vastly needed, yet he remained together and is playing good poker.

I know Im not the biggiest fan of Mike the mouth but Im really pulling for him to get second.. with Ivey getting first.

KaneKungFu123
07-14-2005, 12:42 AM
What if Matusow sends Raymer packing?

[ QUOTE ]
A Raymer-prompted Matusow meltdown makes great poker TV. I thinking seeing that on TV would be really great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel Hoerr
07-14-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if Matusow sends Raymer packing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better TV. (though nil a 2+2'er will want to admit it)