PDA

View Full Version : over cc with AQs?

Wynton
07-13-2005, 08:46 AM
The table was fairly loose/passive and the villain definitely had shown an affinity to pursuing draws.

What do you do preflop here? In retrospect, I think I should have raised, but the presence of the other cold-caller froze me.

What do you do on the flop? Would this have been a better time to wait till turn to raise, just to prevent drawers from getting better odds?

I think that the turn was ok, since the villain did not seem the type to c/r without a made hand. But had the villain been the aggressive type, would it have made more sense to check the river, just to get a cheaper showdown?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

wheelz
07-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Still 3-bet preflop.

You can't check the turn and give a free card to a club, so if he was an aggressive guy you would probably have to call it down, but you have to bet that turn. You have a read on SB, it was probably a good turn fold

etizzle
07-13-2005, 09:01 AM
as a general rule of 6max: never let the presence of one coldcaller deter you from reraising with the likely dominating hand in position.

With hands that are likely to be best but very unlikely to be dominating (ie, the middle pairs 55-99, KQs), consider just calling after a raiser and a coldcaller.

RunDownHouse
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM
As others have said, you should 3bet this pf every time. Any better hand CO would be 3betting with himself, so don't even worry about him.

Flop I play the same. I'm not particularly worried about clubs, and anyone drawing to them will pay 2 on the flop and may not even fold to 2 cold on the turn either, in case you thought maybe you should just call the flop and raise the turn. I like to just be straightforward most of the time anyways.

The turn I agree that you had to bet. As for the fold, if you had a read and went with it, then ok there, too.