PDA

View Full Version : AA vs godawful board and action

DavidC
07-13-2005, 07:52 AM
There were a few good fish on the table but otherwise a ton of tight players.

---

BB: In a hand that I'd played with him previously, a blank looking river card came out that completed a backdoor straight and flush and he bet... I can't remember exactly, but I think this was on a king high flop after I'd preflop raised and bet to the river. He definitely missed a checkraise here! He took a shot at an ace-high turn after no action. He once capped preflop then gave up after being raised on a KJx flop (called the flop raise and folded the turn UI). He seems decently aggressive but plays pretty straight-forward. He's 23/5.

UTG: Capped the flop but then slowwed down oop on the turn (check-called) with KQ for two pair against a preflop capper (KQx flop). The turn card completed a few draws but none that I would have had as a preflop capper. He's 15/2.

Villain (UTG+1): Open limped in the SB and then bet to the river with T5o unimproved. He called down to the river with JJ (3rd pair) vs a preflop re-raiser on a KQx board. Before each check he hesitated for a few seconds, trying to induce a check. He just called a preflop re-raise with AKs, then took a stab at the pot on the turn after no flop action. He called a turn raise, then called a river bet on a straight board (to the 9). He stop-and-go'ed on the turn (donk bet, oop) with QQ vs a preflop capper, then called to river vs a turn raise. He's 36/17, but passive post-flop, according to PT, after about 40 hands.

Wow... I guess I had more than I thought! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was playing this table for about an hour, I suppose. It was a pretty good table.

---

Converter appears to be undergoing maintenance / bugs, so this is done manually...

Party Poker (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, folded to the bb, bb and limpers call.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font> (8.5 SB)

<font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises</font>...

Pot is currently 17.5 SB, and will likely be 9.75 BB after rake, on the turn, if hero calls.

What is our plan for the rest of the hand?

crunchy1
07-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Cap. Reevaluate on the turn.

DavidC
07-13-2005, 12:47 PM
bump

Pocket77s
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I'd put BB on a pocket pair higher than the board and the UTG+1 is sneaky. He knew you would raise the flop so he waited for you to raise the BB. He might have flopped the straight or two pair. cap and eval the turn, you might not be drawing dead yet.

TStoneMBD
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
cap the flop. i didnt read your notes but depending upon his level of aggression you can pop the turn as well if he donkbets.

TripleM
07-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Cap the flop and the turn. In alot of these situations you're facing KK down to 10-10. You're too often far ahead on these hands and it sounds like they'll easily pay you off.

ncboiler
07-13-2005, 10:53 PM
I cap the flop and slow down to continued aggression on the turn. On the turn if UTG+1 bets out I raise and hoping to knock people out and get to heads up. Call a re-raise and a bet on the river if you get to heads up. I think you have UTG+1 smoked right now but would be leary of any cold calls on the turn if you raise UTG+1.