PDA

View Full Version : The Shins

TylerD
07-13-2005, 06:55 AM
I bought the Garden State soundtrack the other day and there are two tracks by The Shins on there. Are they as awesome as these tracks make out?

jason_t
07-13-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought the Garden State soundtrack the other day and there are two tracks by The Shins on there. Are they as awesome as these tracks make out?

[/ QUOTE ]

More awesome.

bdk3clash
07-13-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Does anyone who isn't Daryn not like them?

YourFoxyGrandma
07-13-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way more awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
That soundtrack is ill. I don't really like that soft emo crap either, but I loved it. The Shins are cool.

IndieMatty
07-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Better.

IndieMatty
07-13-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, I think their next album is really going to be huge, like coldplay huge.

ThaSaltCracka
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, I think their next album is really going to be huge, like coldplay huge.

[/ QUOTE ]Dude, you think so?

sfer
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Dude, you think so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. The teenager quotient the last time I saw them (3 months ago) was still pretty marginal.

SmileyEH
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
I really like the Shins, but a lot of their songs kinda blend together.

-SmileyEH

Soul Daddy
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
More awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
07-13-2005, 11:40 AM
if you're a blogger...

TylerD
07-13-2005, 11:46 AM
i don't get it.

TylerD
07-13-2005, 11:48 AM
great isn't it. particularly liked the Simon and Garfunkel, Thievery Corporation and of course The Shins.

-Skeme-
07-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, it's hot.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
I like them, but not as much as everyone else... Nowhere NEAR as much as everyone else. This might be because of the concert I went to at Webster Hall where the Brunettes, opening for the Shins, completely blew them away.

Stellastarr
07-14-2005, 02:01 AM
The Shins are one of my fav bands.

11t
07-14-2005, 02:12 AM
They are semi-dope

Cunning Linguist
07-14-2005, 02:19 AM
I only know their stuff from the Garden State soundtrack. Please list some of their good songs.

istewart
07-14-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only know their stuff from the Garden State soundtrack. Please list some of their good songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Girl on a Wing"
"Gone for Good"

mdeck
07-14-2005, 02:56 AM
I got ahold of a complete Shins discography after seeing Graden State, and while their genre usually isn't usually my thing, I think they're a great band.

Some other titles of theirs I like:

Kissing the Lipless
Mine's not a High Horse
Turn a Square

ps. You should really pick up their newer CD, Chutes too Narrow - It's much better than Oh Inverted World, the album Garden State took songs from.

spamuell
07-14-2005, 06:05 AM
You should really pick up their newer CD, Chutes too Narrow - It's much better than Oh Inverted World, the album Garden State took songs from.

No.

siccjay
07-14-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That soundtrack is ill. I don't really like that soft emo crap either, but I loved it. The Shins are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You liked it so I figured I could check it out.

Meh. I DLed Oh, Inverted World and I must say, this [censored] sucks.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-14-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should really pick up their newer CD, Chutes too Narrow - It's much better than Oh Inverted World, the album Garden State took songs from.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Chutes Too Narrow is better in almost every way.

spamuell
07-14-2005, 08:13 AM

Which ways?

-Skeme-
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's defenitely not for everybody. It's really cool to me, though.

Mr. Zero
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself playing Oh, Inverted World more. Regardless, they're both great albums, and so I'll disagree with anyone who makes a statement that one or the other is significantly better.

ThaSaltCracka
07-14-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's defenitely not for everybody. It's really cool to me, though.

[/ QUOTE ]I am floored that you like it.

sfer
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Know Your Onion

tomahawk
07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
The Shins are really good until you start paying attention to the lyrics.

Then they're [censored] awesome.

The last time I just had to listen to a cd over and over like I did with "Chutes.." was when I got Either/Or by Elliott Smith two years ago.

Around a month ago I was firmly in the CTN-camp as for comparing the two cds. But now I think it's pretty close because of "Know your Onion!" and "New Slang".
CTN still marginally ahead in my book though, just an awesome cd.

Ulysses
07-14-2005, 02:15 PM
The Shins are OK. Lots of chicks and bloggers really like them a lot.

CallMeIshmael
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
The shins are the best band that has come out this decade.

(if you ignore flake music)

CallMeIshmael
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

nate1729
07-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Yes.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-15-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The shins are the best band that has come out this decade.

(if you ignore flake music)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, no. I don't get this sick fascination with the Shins, it's not like they've brought anything new to the table. I think everyone should go see them in concert and be completely underwhelmed. I mean, they write cute songs, but they're not great performers or great songwriters (lyrically or musically).