PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 forum book

kamelion44
07-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Has anybody ever considered the idea of pooling together some of the best concepts and discussions and landmark posts from these forums and putting them into a sort of comprehensive 2+2 Forum Book or something like that? Frankly, the reputation of 2+2 has been growing enough that there would be initial interest even in the general public, and serious players would appreciate the easier access to some of the groundbreaking and deep ideas presented on these forums.

daveymck
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
It has been discusseed in the past, I beleive a lot of the problem with doing this is that any posts we make are our intellectual property therfore they would have to work with everyone that made a post that was going into the book.

I may be wrong but I am sure that was what came out of the last discussion.

daveymck
07-13-2005, 12:46 PM
I think this is the relevant part of the terms and conditions of the forum.

All other trademarks and copyrights appearing on the 2+2 website are owned by their respective companies. Copyrights to all posts on the 2+2 website are owned by the authors of the posts, and not by 2+2 or ConJelCo. If you want to reproduce a 2+2 website post in a publication or on another web site, please get permission from the author of the post.

You agree that upon posting any material within a forum on the 2+2 website you grant 2+2 and its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, non-revocable license under your copyrights or other intellectual property rights, if any, in such material to distribute, display, and reproduce such material to other readers of that forum.

AKQJ10
07-15-2005, 10:35 AM
I don't know how much of your book idea centers on a book as a bound, printed paper artifact, and how much centers on the idea of a book as a persistent store of information. I have nothing to offer in the ink-and-paper department, but a few of us are trying to get a wiki going at http://poker.wikicities.com to have a place to store info that doesn't "expire" like message board posts do.