PDA

View Full Version : The Big Dog

Punker
02-17-2003, 01:23 AM
So my friend and I suppose ourselves to be the two biggest winners in the local cardroom. We are both maintaining about a 3.5 BB/hr win rate (there is a kill in this game so this is a bit inflated). This room often spreads 3-5 games at the same time.

How big an effort should we make to not play in the same game? Will we damage each other's win rate playing in the same game assuming that we play against each other straight up? More generally, if you are playing in a fairly tight fashion, how much effort should you expend to avoid playing with a strong player in a weak field of opposition?

Yerma
02-17-2003, 05:21 AM
Stay out of my way, ass! You better stay outta my games if you have knowledge of what is realization for your!! I'll deal with you myself!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
02-17-2003, 09:53 AM
First off, your win rate is not just a little inflated, it's a lot inflated. I highly doubt such a rate can be continuously maintained over the long run, say 4,000 hours or more.

As for your question, I really don't think it makes much difference. If the table is full of terrible players, one good player is not going to make much difference.