PDA

View Full Version : Worst stud writer

MRBAA
02-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Grant Strauss is moving up on "The Kount" fast. I've read three or four of his columns and have yet to learn anything. His latest effort is a bunch of stale bad beat stories. Hard to believe this guy is a winning player.

Dynasty
02-17-2003, 04:00 AM
It's not his first bad beat collumn either.

For those wondering, he doesn't look as strange in person as he does in his Card Player photograph. What's up with that gothic/magician look in his picture? Whenever I see him at the Mirage, he looks quite normal.

Grant plays quite a bit of shorthanded 40-80 stud. I think he'll even play heads-up.

He seems quite personable. When the Mirage is slow in the daytime and his 40-80 stud game isn't running, he'll often be sitting at the table chatting away with the dealer.

Howard Burroughs
02-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Gothic/Magician? I always though it was the Mississippi Gambler look.

I could be wrong though.

I think it's the coolest picture in the magazine (not counting the Hustler girls of course). Sort of a retro poker look.

At least he HAS a picture (hint, Jim Brier).

I always enjoy reading his columns.

Best of Luck

Howard

snakehead
02-18-2003, 06:33 PM
playing good and writing good are two different skills. grant is a very good player, but his writing shows what I think is common among stud players. they whine when they get beat, much more so than holdem players. and I think the picture is weird, too.