PDA

View Full Version : TP no kicker early pos.?

Griovejas
07-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Hello everyone,
I just decided to share my grief with you.
For some reason I hear Pokerstars has tougher games than Party poker, but my experience show that even if I beat Pokerstars .25/.50 games for 4BB/100 (40k hands), I lose at Party poker .5/1 for -3BB/100. Got me thinking if it's in me, or in luck.

Anyway, I have a question:
- What to do with a top pair low kicker in early position with 2-3 limpers. I am inclined to bet all three streets unless an overcard comes, but it doesn't help to get rid of opposition and they seem to outdraw me every single time. Would it be correct to fold top pair no kicker hands in early position 99% of the time?
P.S. Last time I did it the pot was won by midpair /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bodhi
07-13-2005, 02:29 AM
If your top pair is Queens or better, then you should bet every street unless you're raised. Generally, someone will have signaled the possibility of your being outkicked with a preflop raise.
If it's Jacks or lower, then you've got to be careful, because other people could have the same pair but didn't raise preflop.

macdaddy991
07-13-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they seem to outdraw me every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you are looking at a small sample size. While it sometimes "seems" that everyone is outdrawing your hand, that is not the case in the long run. It they are taking the worst of it with odds, and you are taking the best of it, then eventually the math will take over.

bottomset
07-13-2005, 04:27 AM
here's some help stop asking stupid questions like this

seriously there are way too many variables for a set in stone answer .. and approaching poker decision like you are is a surefire way to never get past 2/4

sometimes check, somtimes bet, depends a lot on the board, backdoor draws, preflop action #of villians, how the villians play, etc etc

Griovejas
07-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Are we a bit nasty today?
Sorry, if my presence offends you, I will go shoot myself now.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif