PDA

View Full Version : $20+2 vs. $30+3 (NL Holdem SnG's On Party Poker)

PokerProdigy
07-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Ok, so recently I have been doing pretty well on the $10+1 sng's and took your guys advice about not moving up until I have 30 buyin's for the next level. So once my bankroll was big enough I jumped up to the $20+2 tournaments, and you guys were (once again /images/graemlins/smirk.gif) right that they are NOT much different from the $10+1 tournaments.

So now, I am curious if there is much of a difference between the $20+2 and the $30+3 sng's? And if so, what is the difference and how can/should I adjust my play (to have optimal ROI)?

P.S. Sng's (and variance) are awesome! I turned $70 into just over $1100 in less than 2 weeks /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Mr_J
07-13-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. variance is awesome! I turned $70 into just over $1100 in less than 2 weeks /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

You'll make more at the $33s than the $22s, but how much more is debatable. I'm an advocate of jumping from the $22s straight to the $55s but I don't think it really matters in the end.

gildwulf
07-13-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. variance is awesome! I turned $70 into just over $1100 in less than 2 weeks /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

You'll make more at the $33s than the $22s, but how much more is debatable. I'm an advocate of jumping from the $22s straight to the $55s but I don't think it really matters in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not recommend jumping from the 22s to the 55s. I think Curtains had a really good way of moving up which was slowly integrating 1 table at a time (for instance, if you 4-table the 20s, do 1 table of 30s and 3 of 20s for a few days, then add another at the 30s, then another until you are at 30s). This is what I'm doing and it makes moving up less scary. Another thing I've tried this week is going down to two tables and playing exclusively 30s; this way you can focus more on reads and play a better game. If you play one table I guess it doesn't matter:P

To answer OP, the 20s are slightly more difficult than 10s but basically the same, whereas the 30s is more difficult. It has a lot of scared players who are on a bad run from the 55s, and a lot of luckboxes from the 20s, so there is a solid mix of bad and good players. I'd say the ratio of bad to good players for each level on average would be 8:2 for the 10s, 7:3 for the 20s and 6:4 or 5:5 for the 30s but I'm pretty much pulling that out of my ass.

boudge7
07-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I've started exclusively multi-tabling the $30's, and I think the competition is solid, but not great. I like what Mr. J said. I think the $50's are easier than the $30's becuase of the extra starting chips. I also like what gild said, it's not the best idea to jump right to the $50's unless you have a br that could support 20 buy-in swings. Play where you're comfortable, that's the most important thing when playing sng's.