PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown?

Holdem
07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey guys. This hand occured at a home game .25/.50 blinds.

I am in the big blind. We are playing 3 handed, everyone has about $40 infront of them. Dealer folds, the small blind raises it 2.50 more. I look down at A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. I reraise another 2.50. Small blind calls.

Right off the bat i thought this was a weak call with something like A-10 A-J or a *maybe* a middle pair.

Flop comes A 10 9 rainbow.

Small blind checks. This scares me a little bit, becuase for some reason it seemed like a check with top 2 pair. I didnt feel sure really, but it definitely came into mind. I bet anyways 3.00 just to see where i'm at. He calls. His flat call made me put him on at least (and probably) a pair of 10's. I thought that by him just calling I could be wrong in thinking he has an Ace at all.

Turn comes 10. Board: A 10 9 10

Uh oh. Well, thats one less 10 he could have, but, if I was right, he has me beat. This time, he checked. I checked behind.

River was a useless 2.

He, interestingly, checked again. This had been his 3rd straight check. Something about that made me feel like I had been beat somewhere along the way. Now, I could just check behind. I SHOULD have just checked behind, but, for some reason I decided to value bet my hand at 5.00. This was a horrible move, in retrospect. He re raised me 5.00 more. I thought, asked him " do you have a 10?" he points at the board and says " i have two of them". I then came to the conclusion that I was beat. I was sure enough that he had a 10 to fold, and I did.

Good move? Could you do the same?

(He still showed the hand, results to come!)

Thanks for all sincere responses!

clevernapkin
07-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Seems way to passive
dont bring bullets to a war if you're too afraid to use them